No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
You have the ability to work in a fast retail environment. You are enthusiastic about assignments and working with others in a team. You are able to prioritize and plan tasks to reach the targeted results. You have a passion for home furnishing, retailing and how people live at home.
What’s more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- Commerce/ Accounting background an advantage
- 2-3 years’ experience in handling till/ cash transaction
- Flexible and comfortable with shifts
- High level of accuracy
- Organisational and Customer Service Skills
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
About the Role
You are responsible to operate the Exchange & Refund Desk in the store in day to day function. It is the overall responsibility of the JH to take decisions regarding any exchange or refund, and solve any problems so as to ensure that the customer is completely satisfied when he/she leaves the store.
Key Specific Accountabilities:
- To ensure that the customers who come to the Returns & Exchange desk perceive the policy as generous and the procedure quick and easy.
- To be able to use their judgment to handle specific problems with common sense, thereby ensuring a satisfied customer who will come back. Thus, by providing excellent customer service the JH guides his team in using the opportunity to regain potentially lost customers.
- Handle customer in positive and fair manner as they have an important role in regaining potentially lost customers.
- To be responsible in handling returns and exchange issues. Based on his/her judgment, experience and authority given by the management the JH may make exceptions with the purpose of retaining a customer or redressed of genuine grievance.
- To be involved in the training and development and looks after all aspects that affects their day to day performance and is responsible for their annual appraisal.
- To use the information from Returns& Exchange desk to detect and act upon or report to the management about a product fault, safety problem or transportation problem.
- Prepare daily / weekly / monthly reports of transactions at the returns & Exchange desk. The data is used to reconciling with the cash till as well as the accounts for the period of the report. The data is also important for analysing trends on sales and profitability and performance of the store.
#LI – Post 19
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies don’t ask for money.