Memac Ogilvy is about Making Brands Matter.
We’re one of the leading creative networks in MENA with its flagship office in the UAE and a strong local footprint in the GCC and North Africa. It is part of the formidable worldwide Ogilvy network. It’s the only truly integrated comms network – with beyond Brand & Advertising, a deep PR & Influence, Social Media Performance and Customer Engagement & Digital capability.
We are currently looking for a Head of Insights and knowledge to lead the Knowledge and Insights department for the MENA region (11 offices across 9 countries) based in Dubai or Beirut. This department sits within the Strategy Department and this individual reports into the CSO, MENA.
Responsibilities:The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Works closely with the MENA CSO, Heads of Strategy and the strategists (at all levels) to deliver powerful knowledge and insights that inform and guide our responses in terms of traditional and modern marketing communications responses.
- Can take ‘raw’ information and turn it into considered and articulate thought pieces that can be used internally, shared with clients or published as an Ogilvy ‘point of view’ piece.
- Can help elevate our thinking from the obvious to new paths to be taken; meaning that information becomes a powerful tool for change and disruption in the hands of our strategists and creatives.
- Becomes a key partner in pitch situations where time is always short and we must as an agency go from ‘uninformed’ on a particular category or prospective client to knowledgeable and leading the conversation.
- Must be as comfortable working in the modern data environments such as Google Analytics, and business intelligence and visualisation tools such as Tableau.
- Key part of keeping the strategy department abreast of the latest news in communications, as well as the larger world (technology, world events, future trends).
- Inputs into presentations and talks that the wider MENA management is asked to give at key conferences.
- Create a searchable repository/database of useful reference material and information across clients, categories and competitive sets.
- Key individual in ensuring that knowledge is shared across the Ogilvy MENA region, and not just kept in isolated silos within the offices.
- Can help with the utilization of dashboards for ourselves and our clients to formulate ‘real-time’ insights.
- The ability to turn information into insight in a thoughtful yet relatively short timeframe.
- Inquisitive mind; naturally interested in the world at large, technology and people.
- A digital native; one doesn’t have to necessarily be born into it, but someone who is as comfortable in Google Analytics as qual and quant data.
- An approach to sharing information that is confident, open and engaging. Will need to persuade and influence key members of the strategy, creative and management teams with confidence. It won’t suffice to simply send links and attachments on an email.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies don’t ask for money.