Head of Programming
JOB ROLE SUMMARY
This role is responsible for leading the programming and events
department to secure and deliver a diverse range of programmes
which meet sales and revenue targets, and positions Dubai Opera as
world class performing arts venue. The role also oversees the world
class customer experience strategy, front of house operations and food
and beverage function.
- Lead financial and legal contract negotiations (delegating where appropriate to Senior Events Managers) with artists, their
representatives and other production partners ensuring that the outcomes achieve agreed artistic and financial objectives.
- Ensure the effective and efficient operation of the department and its seamless integration with other on -site event related activities.
- Evaluate areas of approved budget expenditure specific to the Programming and Events team, to ensure Dubai Opera is operating as
cost effectively as possible, and contributing to the commercial success of the organisation.
- Implement and evolve customer experience strategies, initiatives, policies and procedures that continuously improve the quali ty of
the customer experience at Dubai Opera.
- Collaborate with other departmental managers to develop and implement innovative customer focused ideas and solutions.
- Work collaboratively with key internal stakeholders on production and event requirements to support cost effective resourcing and
workforce planning that meets operational requirements.
- Ensure the Dubai Opera programme incorporates strategies for the development of key programmes including: Middle Eastern,
Children, Families, Education, Commercial Events, Contemporary Music and Public Programs.
- Oversee and implement initiatives to maximize sales/revenue, through venue hire, bookings, and other methods in order to achi eve
the yearly venue revenue goal, and increase the goal over a period of time.
- Identify the successes and challenges of the Programming and Events team, with a focus on implementing improvement into the n ext
event or production.
- Provide leadership and guidance to programming and events team, ensuring effective management of managers in customer
experience and food and beverage and ensure delivery of a world class customer experience.
- Work closely with the Sales & Marketing to form and implement distinctive ideas that bring new business to Dubai Opera, and
enhance on existing relationships.
- Responsible for the inspiration, objective-setting and development of the team, including ensuring the whole team receive regula r
feedback and performance reviews against objectives.
- Management of any workplace grievances, misconduct or performance related issues in consultation with the Human Resources
- Work in partnership with the Security Department to ensure all security requirements are met and adhered at all times by
employees, contractors and visitors.
- Ensure operators and caterers compliance with Dubai Opera: standards, policies and procedures, respective Service Agreements and
Health Safety legislation.
- Oversee and ensure compliance to all relevant QHSE management policies, procedures and controls to ensure that Dubai Opera
provides a safe, world-class, secure and environmentally responsible service to customers, the public and its own people.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Degree qualified or 7+ years’ experience in a senior role within the performing arts.
Knowledge & Skills:
Experience in a leadership role for selecting content and artists for programmes.
Extensive knowledge of the workings of the performing arts industry and its national and international networks.
Demonstrated high level skil ls and experience in the management of customer service in a medium to large organisation with co mplex
Exposed to people management and strategic planning, development and implementation of products and services in an internatio nal
Negotiation skil ls and contract management skil ls.
Skil ls and experience in developing and implementing business plans, when required
Proven ability to manage in a complex performing arts environment.
Business management (including projects, budgets, procurement, contracts and people).
Highly skil led communicator- verbal and written.
Proven ability to work collaboratively across a multi -disciplined team.
Strong team player, and leader of teams, not just a manager of people.
Proven staff management experience, managing a sizeable team/department.
Enthusiastic and commercially minded with a proven track record in effectively planning, delivering and embedding change.
Please send your CV to careers@DubaiOpera.com to apply.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies don’t ask for money