Wyndham Dubai Deira is now seeking a Front Office Supervisor to join our team in Dubai, UAE.
The Front Office Supervisor will assist the Front Office Manager while providing attentive, courteous and effective service to all guests. He/She will supervise the front office team in all aspects of the department and ensures that service standards are met.
- Consistently provides thoughtful, caring and sincere service to the guests.
- Obtains all necessary information when taking room reservations and follow up
- Reviews front office log and trace file daily.
- Monitors all VIPs and special guest requests.
- Fully comprehends and operates all relevant aspects of the Front Desk computer system.
- Ensures logging and deliveries of all messages, packages and mail in a timely and professional manner.
- Is aware of all rates, packages and promotions.
- Is able to complete and ensures that a proper bucket check and required daily reports are done.
- Establishes and maintains good communications and teamwork with associates and ither departments within the hotel.
- Assists the Front Office Manager in ensuring that associates are following and maintain standards (e.g. answering phones, call backs to guest, guest request log).
- Has knowledge of health and safety and assists in emergency procedures as required.
- Oversees and ensures that all guests are checked in/out in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner.
- Is able to perform, complete and ensures that all tasks and duties on the shift checklist are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Is able to perform all duties of Front Office Agent as well.
- Monitors key control to main hotel security.
- Answers all guest enquiries in a timely and professional nature.
- Assists in maintaining productivity levels at or above budgeted standards
- Assists the Front Office Manager in training, motivating and cross training of the front office associates on regular basis.
- Handles guest concerns and reacts quickly, logging and notifying in proper areas
- Is fully competent in all receptions and cashier duties.
- Ensures that associates are in compliance with all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting.
- Ensures accurate guest bills, deposits and payment in compliance with the Wyndham policies and procedures.
- Follows department policies, procedures and service standards at all times,
- Is able to work in a multi-cultural team.
- Assist your line manager for People leadership of direct reports in your team (recruitment and selection, performance management (Appraisal/PDP), associate development and motivation, counselling / disciplinary issues.
- Conduct regular coaching sessions/1:1s with direct reports
- Assists your line manager in the administration of the probation review process in the operational departments and ensure that follow-up for all issues is done in timely manner and results of both follow-up and the initial reviews are communicated to all relevant parties
- Ensures 100% compliance with all mandatory training for your department;
- Assists your line manager in controlling the LTO, Absence and Payroll in your department in conjunction with the HR Leader on property.
- Ensure that you dine in the team member restaurant at least three times a week and provide HR Leader on property feedback
- Support WeCom with quarterly People, Community and Sustainability engagement events
- To conduct or chair regular communication meetings with your team and actively participate in relevant business meetings to facilitate effective communication.
- Conducted documented 121’s with all direct reports
- Share all relevant information with Front Office Manager in 121’s
- Knowledge of Front office services
- Business and basic accounting principles and practices
- Organizational skills
- Work under pressure
- Attention to details
- Customer service orientated skills
- Good communication skills both verbal and writing in English, any additional language is an a plus
Alongside these key competencies, the incumbent of the role will be required to demonstrate the fundamentals of the company’s Count on Me! service culture to be responsive, respectful and deliver a great experience.
- A minimum of two years as Front Office Supervisor in a branded hotel
- Diploma in hospitality management
- Computer literacy
- Ideally experience working in GCC region
- Excellent communication skills in English is a must, any additional language is a plus
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio—distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands—delivers just that.
We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont® by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta® Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
Job Location: Wyndham Dubai Deira, Plot 3 Deira Waterfront, Dubai, Dubai N/A
Employment Status: Full-time
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts manages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotels & Resorts performs recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotels & Resorts where Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.