Overview / Responsibilities:
Wood is recruiting for a Material Coordinator / Expeditor to join our team in Dubai. This position is required to travel in Iraq frequently.
The contract is minimum of 1 year, renewable annually based on business needs.
- Ensure highest possible standards of Health and Safety is followed at all times and intervene or commend when required to ensure myself and team mates are always safe.
- Focal point for all PMRV’s/Material Queries from Engineering/Site, from initial creation through to material reservation and issuance coordination and on pass to Procurement for action if applicable
- A very in depth knowledge of the usage of the Maximo system from Material search techniques, reservations, Issuing, report generation and able to look up POs and subsequent information regarding them.
- Day to day interaction with the various Engineering departments with regards to technical acceptability for suggested alternatives for the utilization of surplus material to drive down current stock levels.
- Focal point for Site generated Materials requests and offer technically acceptable alternatives to help Mitigate the delay of critical work scopes
- Close interaction with Construction/Planning departments for the material planning of the various work scopes. Ability to read Plans generated by Project Planners and other planning spreadsheets provided for review and comment.
- Attend any material related Meetings including, but not limited to, Construction meetings/Engineering Meetings/Procurement Meetings etc.
- Liaise with Procurement Materials team for the most up to date information with regards to delivery of critical items to feedback when requested. Knowledge of the Procurement process a big help.
- Liaise with Project Controls lead for continuous monitoring of AFE budgets and ensure that there is enough budget to carry out reservations and issuance without ‘busting the AFE’
- Close co-ordination with Program leads and EMIL Construction managers to update the exceptions report to enable the planning of execution of critical work scopes.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Engineering Graduate having minimum of 10 Years’ experience and worked in any major EPC Projects (Green Field or Brown Field) related to OIL & GAS.
- Thorough knowledge of different type of materials used in project construction.
- Proficiency in Procurement related activities, expediting (inter department and Vendor), understanding of T&C’s.
- Clear understanding of Logistics related procedures.
- Interactive skill on coordination with various agencies involved in material delivery.
- Knowledge of warehouse operation, material inventory.
- Advanced skill in working on maximo system for identification of stock availability, material reservation and material issue.
- Basic knowledge on identification of alternate materials from maximo where necessary based on construction requirement.
- Understanding of the schedule requirement and alert any delay anticipated due to reason attributable to internal / external task.
- Willing to travel to Iraq as necessary from time to time as back to back arrangement of Material Coordinator at Basra.
- Knowledge on understanding of Material Take Off for Bulk Materials and reconciliation with stock availability at Warehouse, suggest alternates closer to the requirement for better utilization of stock and to minimize inventory, procurement activities.
- Attend weekly progress Review Meetings, construction meetings as necessary.
- Organize Kick off Meeting with Vendors, prepare MOM and tracking of pending actions.
- Skill in providing necessary clarification on technical and commercial terms during budget / award approvals for PO Placements.
- Basic Knowledge on Contracts and call-off PO T&Cs.
- Create and maintain reports on PMRVs, Material Status Report and any other Management Information Reports.
- Proficiency in Email Communications – Internal and External.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies don’t ask for money.