Events Makers Are you fresh out of university and passionate about bringing unforgettable experiences to life? Kick-start your career by applying for The Event Makers Programme, where you will be able to join our team in vital Guest Experience roles, ranging from Hosts and Explainers Pavilions to a School Groups Tour Guide. Take the challenge and represent the UAE with pride at the front line as you welcome 25 million guests to 173 fun-filled days at Expo 2020. This incredible seven-month opportunity is open to recent graduates and those graduating in 2020.
The Event Maker’s positions will play a pivotal role in the delivery of Guest Services operations offering exceptional service to all visitors by assisting and communicating with them in a knowledgeable, skilled, friendly, efficient, courteous and professional manner while following Expo2020 policies and procedures.
- Pavilion Explainer: this role is the voice of the Thematic Pavilion. With direct reporting to the Guest Services Pavilion Supervisor the Explainer translates the themes and messages of Expo2020 and the Pavilion into personal communications with the visitors. This position is principally a communicator, adapting and delivering the Thematic Pavilion messages to visitors. They will have an interest in and aptitude related to the content of the Thematic Pavilion (Sustainability, Mobility or Opportunity) and will be trained to be an expert in the gallery content. The position will also provide high levels of customer service by assisting with safety and operational activities such as queue management as well as welcoming visitors to the Pavilion, providing information and offering support to visitors’ questions, ensuring all visitor experiences are memorable, unique and as per the Expo2020 standards;
- Pavilion Host: reporting directly to the Guest Services Pavilion Supervisor, a Pavilion Host ensures that visitors experience an easy, enjoyable and informative visit to the Thematic Pavilions. This role includes welcoming visitors to Expo2020, providing wayfinding and directional assistance to specific facilities and locations, and offering exceptional customer service by assisting them in a friendly, efficient, courteous and professional manner;
- School Groups Tour Guide: with direct reporting to the Guest Services School Groups Supervisor, this role will play an important role in the delivery of Guest Services operations, guiding school groups in designed journeys throughout the Expo2020 site including Thematic Pavilions, International Participants Pavilions, and the Public Realm, while following Expo2020 policies and procedures. The ability to speak fluent English is a job requirement, with a second language (Arabic being desirable) preferred. Each Tour Guide will be responsible for guiding a school group through a dedicated journey throughout the Expo2020 site. Other duties include, organising the welcome packs for assigned school groups, liaising with Transport for assigned group’s bus arrivals/departures, and greeting assigned school groups from the bus holding area. The School Groups Tour Guide will be required to process the group entry ticket, coordinating with Ticketing for any additional admissions, and assist in queueing for PSA screenings, while ensuring all students are accounted for during the entirety of the scheduled tour. Through training, the School Groups Tour Guide will obtain a level of Expo site knowledge to be able to assist in providing content related to the Public Realm and Thematic Pavilions and International Participants Pavilions. The Tour Guide must be able to respond to random questions from students/teachers, ensure all members of the group remain together (avoiding lost children/teachers) and achieve a strong level of engagement with all visiting students from various age groups.
- Visitor Centre Operator: this role is located in one of the many Visitor Centres across the Expo2020 site and will primarily be assisting and supporting visitors in their questions or complaints, providing information including general and event information, maps distribution, handing out children identification wristbands and offering sign language services. Reporting directly to the Visitor Centre Coordinator, the Operator will be able to support People of Determination (POD) and visitors with accessible needs, and be confident to interact, guide and assist them. Other duties include updating all physical and digital information in the system, support the Lost & Found service by collecting, registering, labelling and storing any found items along with assisting visitors who have lost their items and be able to deal with injuries/illness and escalate accordingly.
- Fresh Graduates education required: Diploma, Higher Diploma, Bachelors Degree or Masters Degree:
- Excellent communication skills in English is a job requirement with another language (e.g. Arabic, Mandarin, Russian, French, etc.) desirable;
- Exceptional customer service, Positive and helpful attitude;
- Able to apply common sense when performing duties and follow written and oral instructions;
- Respect and show awareness of cultural differences;
- Self-confidence to reach out to visitors or perform in front of groups;
- Patience, Self-motivated, Willingness to learn, Hardworking and reliable;
- Must have a level of situational awareness in complex environments including;
- Must be able to work as a team during stressful and fast-paced situations with the ability to help visitors as well as each other under stress;
- Work in outdoor weather conditions to include direct sunlight, heat or cold; work in extreme heat;
- When necessary, use a radio and respond to commands with background noise, for the duration of shifts;
- Work in varied light conditions including low or diminished lighting; maintain concentration/focus (e.g. ability to interpret the work environment and make decisions on predetermined operating policies and procedures).
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies don’t ask for money.