No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
You effectively work with others by developing trust and respect in order to achieve agreed goals. You implement change by looking for opportunities to make improvement in the way of work. You have the ability to plan, implement and monitor the planned actions.
What’s more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience preferably in Sales, Supply Chain & Logistics in a management role, IKEA experience is preferred
- Profession level of MS Excel and other MS programmes.
- Excellent written and verbal English
- Strategic, analytical skills and commercial awareness.
About the role
You will proactively integrate the retail ‘communicating & selling’ processes with the ‘supplying’ processes at store level. You will support the strong alignment between supply and demand needed to secure agreed service level at lowest cost. You will ensure an efficient logistics operation in the store.
Key Specific Accountabilities:
- Responsible for minimising local-local shortages in my store and securing that store stock is available for our customers.
- Give input to my in-store logistics manager regarding store logistic capacity requirements (space, equipment and people).
- Accountable for planning, organising and monitoring the store goods flow process from goods
- Receiving to sales locations replenishment, fulfilling the goal to be ready before store opening and that my areas of responsibility are in-shape as new.
- Responsible for minimising of the waiting times at full serve handout by optimising goods allocation and the planning of space, equipment and people.
- Responsible for securing all prerequisites are met in my area including people, tools, working methods and communication networks to contribute to an efficient range administration process in my store (space dimensioning, goods allocation).
- Contribute to optimising the total supply chain costs by monitoring and giving input to my partners, within the supplying process, based on the defined communication set up, regarding customer expectations and potentials (loading quality, arrival precision etc.).
- Securing store stock is available for customers in order to maximise sales.
- Optimising goods flow productivity to fulfil overall qualitative and quantitative goals.
- Securing an efficient goods flow by having a close cooperation with my partners within the commercial team in the area of merchandising in order to sell more.
- Taking accountability for handling damages in my store and working with my colleagues to identify the root cause of recurring damages and taking appropriate action to minimise the reoccurrence of these in future.
- Optimising the utilisation of existing logistic capacity in my store (space, equipment and people) and securing efficient goods flow, by ensuring all handling equipment is maintained to a high standard and functions effectively.
- Actively contributing to the creation of the store business plan and converting business plan goals into clear logistic actions within the goods flow area. Take responsibility for executing relevant actions within this plan.
- Monitoring and controlling the development and execution of agreed goods flow actions.
- Analysing the results of the Customer Satisfaction Survey, Brand Capital, Voice and Commercial
- Reviews and using the insights gained from this to develop our business.
- Implementing agreed and decided global/national solutions, routines, working methods and tools.
- This covers all replenishment and warehousing activities and includes the use of common IT systems and techniques.
- Contributing to national and global development of IKEA in the areas where I, my team and/or my store have strong expertise.
- Implementing rules and guidelines in the areas of goods flow in my store and follow up on the implementation of these.
- Contributing to environmental, health and safety performance in my store and securing compliance with the group risk manual in the goods flow operations areas.
- Provide an inspiring and motivating direction for my co-workers and engage them fully in the tasks of becoming leaders in Life at Home and generating sales growth.
- Create an environment where the IKEA culture is strong and where the diversity of our customers and co-workers is valued.
- Lead by example, being the goods flow expert in my store, sharing my competence to grow the overall knowledge and skills of the team and the store.
- Recruit my team through IKEA values by identifying what skills are needed now and in the future to achieve the objectives of their role. I also identify the motivations and capabilities that will complement my existing team.
- Committed to the development of my team. Together, we develop individual personal development plans to reflect the business and personal development needs. I support them in achieving these goals.
- Empower my team by delegating responsibility to them, especially to my goods flow team leaders to help them grow and develop, according to their individual ability and experience.
- Support my co-workers by sharing the VOICE results and together we analyses them and take actions to improve.
- Actively support my goods flow team leaders to enable them fulfilling the goals in their respective area of responsibility.
- Create an environment of trust by encouraging open, constructive, honest, two-way feedback with my team, the country in-store logistics manager and other colleagues.
- Secure the training of my team to ensure they are well informed, regarding the coordination and optimization of goods flow operations.
- Actively lead and ensure that I have in place a living succession plan, working with my manager, my matrix manager and my human resources manager.
- Ensure my team works proactively to optimise all goods flow operations in my store, contributing to the achievement of our goals within profit & loss.
- Ensure the goods flow actions support the achievement of the agreed goals.
- Set my goals based on the global and agreed KPIs.
- Constantly monitor our performance against agreed goals, adapting and taking action accordingly.
- Ensure all goods flow initiatives grow our business and support the sustaining of long-term profitability.
- control costs by working in a lean, simple, cost-conscious way using good examples and encouraging my team and my colleagues to discover even more effective ways of working
#LI – Post 19
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.\