The Industry Representative is responsible for the territory management and growth of Caterpillar’s Large Electric Power Solutions sales (*) through dealer support and development in defined African and Middle East territories. These markets are largely focused on customers requiring Power Solutions for their operations in Industrial, Commercial, Datacentre, Healthcare and Infrastructure Projects.
The candidate will be accountable for territory management and delivering sales results using their intimate knowledge of the territories, Electric Power business, customers and dealer capability in their assigned territory, maximize customer value.
This position is for a highly motivated individual who will be able to balance territory management, core Large Electric Power Solutions sales with the introduction of new products in the assigned territories as well as dealer development.
(*) Large Electric Power Project Solutions include, but are not limited to: 3500, C175, 3600 Series of Generator sets (Diesel and Gas fuelled), Caterpillars CG Gas fuelled EP products and Solutions.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
The Electric Power Industry Representative territory management position plays a key sales lead and coordination role with Dealers, Customers and Caterpillar. The candidate needs to be accountable for sales in their territory and dealer development. They also contribute to the identification, analysis and resolution of needs and problems arising in the assigned territories.
The challenges that the candidate will face include delivering strong sales results in a highly competitive market, engaging the dealer in current products and new technology, overcoming barriers to sales growth by considering and recommending alternative courses of action, making timely decisions and developing greater market coverage / awareness of Caterpillar as a supplier of Large Electric Power Solutions, maximize customer value.
The primary tasks include:
- Meet and exceed targets for prime product sales – with special focus on Gas Products.
- Focus on Services, Cat Connect & deliver Customer Value Agreements at point of sale.
- Lead dealers in closing Large Electric Power Solutions projects, collaborating with dealers and internal partners to develop and promote propositions that maximize customer value
- Identifying key accounts and influencers in each territory.
- Establish and enhance relationships to grow business with key influencers, specifier and users – regional / local, corporate and dealer-led
- In conjunction with dealers, develop and execute action plans and initiatives in support of Caterpillar Large Electric Power Solutions related to prime product sales and aftermarket
- Effectively manage sales variance and pricing support programs to grow prime product sales while meeting price realization objectives
- Assisting dealers growing Caterpillar PINS of Large Electric Power Solutions and Products.
- Analyzing and communicating marketplace and competitive activity internally.
- Understanding product application, configuration and utilization that provide the best solution and value for a customer.
- Dealer alignment, dealer effectiveness, sales management process, customer coverage.
- Work closely with dealers to assess and develop their sales, marketing and technical capabilities and capacity to address the needs of the Large Electric Power Solutions business
- Developing and Implementing marketing plans for specific products or territories aligned with long-term objectives.
- Understand and keep current on customer / market needs
- Managing and keeping Caterpillars internal CRM current with accurate, quality information – Tracking projects by stage and measuring new product market acceptance.
- Develop strong industry knowledge of the Electric Power business in a fast moving global industry, using commercial, key marketing and technical skills to maximize customer value and differentiate Caterpillar from the competition.
- Extensive relevant experience in field assignments or working with Dealers and Customers and have demonstrated the ability to work independently on increasingly more complex assignments.
- Strong technical and commercial understanding and experience of Gas products, markets and industry.
- Good technical understanding together with business acumen and a flair for selling Large Electric Power Solutions, with an experience in the Electric Power or related industry.
- Be able to effectively communicate with others in the work group, dealers, customers and end-users
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with an ability and proficiency to present formally sales and technical arguments to dealers, customers and end-users.
- Highly proficient teamworking skills and experience in influencing at networking at multiple levels, internally and externally
- Must be willing to travel +50%