- Define a strategic plan and execute Lean initiatives to facilitates projects and initiatives at the field Services (Maintenance of current equipment) and Installation of new equipment in order to drive waste reduction and productivity improvement.
- Develops practical and innovative ways to identify the bottleneck and the 7 wastes in order to streamline the process.
- Drive waste reduction and productivity improvement for Services (Maintenance of current equipment) and Installation of new equipment at Customers sites.
- Perform Lean Trainings and AWO (Kaizen workshops).
- Apply Lean Six Sigma tools to improve process capability reduce variation and eliminate waste.
- Support simplification of the complex processes and manage cross-functional relationships to support business impact.
- Improve crane activities at Customers sites in order to reduce the MTTR (Main Time To Repair) and to reduce the wind turbine installation lead time.
- Provide key output data, metrics and presentations for reporting, ops reviews and business communications.
- Manage and deploy external consulting resources as needed to support execution of business roadmaps.
- Share best practices across regions and act as a conduit to accelerate the improvements.
Personal and Relationship skills required
- Working experience in an international group and smaller structures.
- Possesses strong relationship skills:
- Capacity to work with multi-disciplinary groups;
- Capacity to work with different cultures;
- Capacity to negotiate and influence Suppliers and Customers.
- Able to work in autonomy:
- Interventions and coaching often carried out on his/her own;
- Time Mngmt will be organized in accord. to the various operational and geographical constraints.
- Due to the nature of the activity and the variety of people to work with (from operational to Suppliers and Customers CEOs), he/she possesses strong qualities of adaptation.
- Engineer degree from an accredited university or college.
- Minimum of 5 additional years of experience in Lean manufacturing.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Continuous Improvement or Installation Eng. Leader.
- Language – Fluent English necessary + additional language according to the region that he or she will be responsible.
- Experience working with global teams, ability to thrive in diverse work environments.
- Available to travel 40% + of worktime.
- Worked or Trained with/ by Japanese Lean consultant (strong desire).
- Worked with Continuous Improvement at Customer sites and Suppliers.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate others and achieve results.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; statistically literate and familiar with Six Sigma quality concepts and tools.
- Demonstrated commitment for process improvement.
- Customer-focused in defining quality and establishing priorities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to build and maintain effective internal and external Customers relationships (at this role the individual will interact with all levels and areas at Supply Chain, Sourcing and transactional areas within GE and at the Customers and Suppliers).
- The successful candidate should like to travel and work with different product and processes at different locations with different culture, also should have the willingness to work at the shop floor or at Gemba.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
United Arab Emirates;Dubai;