Job: Human Resources
Primary Location: Africa & Middle East-United Arab Emirates-Dubai
Employee Status: Permanent
Posting Date: 16/Mar/2020
Unposting Date: 15/Apr/2020
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Responsible for leading the Resourcing/Talent Acquisition (TA) function in country for the MENA region, and overseeing the end-to-end resourcing process to deliver agreed targets for all businesses and operations within the Bank. Partnering with the business, the role holder will provide both consultative and strategic TA support to deliver a comprehensive and value-added service, covering the recruitment of all internal and external hires and transfers. The role holder will be a member of the Country HR Leadership Team, directly facing business heads.
Responsible for developing appropriate talent acquisition strategies and managing the end-to-end talent acquisition process to deliver agreed targets for roles within assigned business areas, ensuring that the right candidates are recruited, at the right time, at the right price. Partnering with the business, the role holder will provide both consultative and transactional talent acquisition support to deliver a comprehensive and value-added service, covering the recruitment of all employed worker (internal and external) local and cross border hires and transfers, ensuring all talent acquisition activity is aligned to and effectively communicates the employer brand.
- Lead a team of TA Managers, Specialists and Coordinators; coaching, developing and engaging them to ensure that targets are met / exceeded with regards to time, quality, budget and customer satisfaction.
- Manage GRO/PRO Heads and team to ensure appropriate actions are taken to onboard candidates and navigate through visa related complexities.
- Probe hiring managers to establish complete understanding of business hiring requirements and guide them through end-to-end hiring process.
- Contextualise and explain the commercial rationale behind global TA policies, guidelines, procedures and systems to improve hiring manager understanding and experience.
- Design and deliver innovative sourcing strategies and solutions to generate diverse pools of applicants to meet business growth needs.
- Utilise multiple sourcing channels, including internal and external (direct and contingent) to directly source passive and active candidates for individual job roles and meet both immediate and future talent needs.
- Develop and actively maintain candidate pipelines, databases and talent pools and evaluate candidates’ behaviours, values and potential for both current and future roles.
- Evaluate and represent candidates on both technical and behavioural competencies, fairly and consistently using appropriate frameworks and assessment methodologies.
- Interpret and source TA management information / data to drive own performance, provide necessary information to the business on hiring activities and provide commercial insight and solutions to stakeholders to drive business performance.
- Collect, analyse and disseminate hiring metrics to manage capacity, volume and costs.
- Translate business objectives into TA plans and strategies, closely aligning them to the broader TA and talent development agenda, whilst ensuring compliance with relevant operational and people risk controls,
- Challenge and influence hiring managers to ensure that the hiring strategy is aligned with Bank / Business / Function level outcomes and governance requirements within a region / country.
- Drive the Bank’s Emiratisation and localisation agendas from a hiring perspective.
- Adhere to all compensation, contract and regulatory requirements impacting TA, advising business stakeholders of these accordingly.
- Liaise closely with Group TA product groups in the deployment of global initiatives and projects in line with agreed standards.
- Proficiently manage and adhere to budget, seeking to utilise this in the most effective and efficient manner.
- Identify opportunities to contribute to and improve existing global processes / established ways of working to increase efficiency and output.
- Employ effective collaboration with colleagues, candidates, customers and suppliers, building positive and sustainable relationships, setting and managing expectations clearly and identifying and resolving the root cause as necessary.
- Establish working relationship with Government entities including Tawteen/MOHRE to ensure that the Bank’s recruitment efforts are reflected in accordance with MOHRE and Central Bank requirements.
Our Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Proven recruitment experience (in-house or search firm) of retained search and selection, or contingency and multi channel recruitment, with a successful track record in effective job filling within a complex recruitment model / environment
- Able to deal with high recruitment volumes as well as more specialist vacancies, managing multiple vacancies at any time across a variety of disciplines
- Understanding and some experience of developing sourcing strategies and managing multiple recruitment channels to deliver recruitment targets within budget. Some experience of managing / working with PSLs and non-PSLs and good knowledge of the market place, competitors and best practice
- Consulting / diagnostic skills (e.g. probing to identify underlying needs, effective questioning to provoke broader thinking about resource requirements, capability gaps etc)
- Sound communication and influencing skills, enabling the role holder to network effectively, establish credibility quickly, build sustainable relationships, relate to candidates and hiring managers, push back on hiring managers / agencies and effectively sell Standard Chartered Bank to individuals
- Ability to deal with conflict, and remain positive when under pressure
- Customer-focused approach
- Sound reasoning skills and the ability to screen and interview applicants while making sound judgments on suitability for the role / organization
- Track record of working in a very organized way, multi-tasking, prioritising, managing data, and setting and achieving deadlines (both short and medium term)
- Experience of analysing recruitment management information and using this to identify and initiate improvements
- Knowledge of / exposure to relevant employment legislation (e.g. data protection)
- Knowledge of HR databases (e.g. PeopleSoft, Taleo)
- Experience in an international professional services / banking environment
- Proven experience in working in a complex matrix, with a broad base of cultures, dealing with demanding and fast-paced client groups
- Demonstrable knowledge of banking / divisions
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies don’t ask for money.