Do you want to help build a world-class institution, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth
technology company, and improve people’s lives?
Careem is the internet platform for the greater Middle East region. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to become the region’s everyday Super App. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in over 100 cities across 13 countries and has created more than one million employment opportunities in the region. Careem became a wholly owned subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. in January 2020. www.careem.com
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an experienced and motivated IT Manager who will be primarily responsible to oversee the IT Operations across various regional offices. The IT Manager will ensure the overall stewardship & delivery of production systems support and aligns support with the technology architecture of the infrastructure systems that will enable Careem to meet current and future business goals.
- Reporting to the IT Director, the IT Manager will lead a team of IT Support Engineers across the various regional offices
- Manage the planning, deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including Laptops, Printers, Applications, Licenses, Networks and Servers.
- Strong understanding of ITIL processes (Incident Management / Request Fulfilment / Problem Management / Change Management / Asset Management). To ensure process adoption within the IT team.
- Experience using a leading IT Service Management tool (example Jira or equivalent)
- Able to build reports and dashboard to depict the overall status / trend of Incidents / Service Requests, Problems and Changes. Analyze and make recommendations for the improvement of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Monitor the Incident queues (workload) and ensure timely resolution of Incident & Service Requests within the ITSM System and ensure that incidents are assigned, updated and resolved with a high level of quality and within the agreed SLA’s and KPI’s (MTTA / MTTR / MTTD)
- Review the Incidents volume and ensure recurring Incidents are captured and respective problem records are logged and tracked (RCA / Workarounds)
- Ensure IT Assets are maintained in the CMDB in line with the Asset Lifecycle
- Maintain IT security and ensure that all Endpoints are kept up to date to minimize vulnerabilities.
- Continuous improvement to simplify the colleague IT experience and drive and improve colleague satisfaction
- Act as an ambassador for IT Department and educate the end users on the Policies and Procedures
- Partner with the functions and department heads to ensure IT requirements are captured and executed in a timely manner.
- Report any downtime / Service interruption to the IT Service Manager to manage the notifications
- Working closely with the Infrastructure Manager in line with Network / Systems related projects / rollouts.
- Vendor Management – building and maintaining strong relationships with Service provider and vendors for delivering solutions with appropriate engagement models
- Manage financial aspects of the IT Department, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review (Capex / Opex).
- Manage IT staffing (including remote team members), responsible for recruitment, coaching, mentoring, development and performance management
- Keep current with the latest technologies.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant professional IT experience
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated experience in an ITIL environment
- Experience of Jira, ServiceNow or BMC RemedyForce is a plus
- Understands how IT Service Management supports and enables the business
- Self-starter, with a high degree of initiative with the ability to work independently, and in a team environment
- Proven track record of training, coaching, motivating, and mentoring staff
- Solid project management skills – the ability to meet or exceed deadlines and time lines, balance multiple priorities, and work under pressure are all necessary (Agile)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar displace
- ITIL Foundation Certified (V3 / V4) – Required
- PMI / PMP / Agile – Preferred
- Must be fluent in English (Written / Spoken)
…Oh, and also, we’re looking for someone who can take ownership and who shoots to the moon and beyond. Is this you? We’re looking forward to seeing your application!
#YallaLetsGo #Careem #BeCareem #ToTheMoon
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies don’t ask for money.