The role of the Event Operations Front of the House (OPF) department is to manage activities across the event delivery of Expo 2020. OPF includes the following service areas: (1) Guest Services, (2) Transport Traffic & Parking (3) Venue Management and (4) Fleet & Site Tours (5) Event Delivery Office and (6) Health and Safety. Guest Services (GSE) are one of the largest teams in terms of the number of workforce with 180 paid staff, 2,000 contractors and 8,000 volunteers on the team at event time. GSE will provide customer service, crowd management and information to visitors as they arrive, move around and depart the Expo 2020 site. GSE will also support visitors with accessible needs, operating an accessibility service and provide services in the Visitor Information Centres across the site. GSE will deliver services to the Thematic Pavilions, School Groups and the Contact Centre which is based off site.
The purpose of the Guest Services Pavilion Manager position is to lead the development and implementation of operational planning related to the successful delivery of the guest experience in the thematic pavilions. This position will work with other relevant functional areas within the thematic pavilions team to ensure services and operations are integrated and aligned across the organization to ensure a seamless experience for all guests.
- Lead the GSE operations within the thematic pavilions;
- Align GSE goals and milestones with the goals and milestones set by the Pavilions Director;
- Align GSE services with other Functional Areas within the thematic pavilions;
- Keep the GSE operation running consistently while delivering the correct level of service;
- Respond to last minute issues at the thematic pavilions;
- Support Guest Services Pavilion Supervisors in managing staff and areas in the thematic pavilions;
- Lead the team responsibly and proficiently, providing effective line management to direct reports;
- Be able to contract manage manpower suppliers delivering services with the dedicated thematic pavilions;
- Set objectives and evaluate performance of individual direct reports and actively manage key personnel issues.
6+ years management experience working on a previous major event programme or equivalent high density visitor’s attraction with specific experience related to Guest Services, as well as:
- A Bachelor’s degree within a relevant field;
- Experience leading a team of 50+ employees;
- Experience opening and operating a themed attraction or high volume guest services business;
- Experience in developing, writing and enforcing operational policies and procedures;
- Ability to react to and thrive in an actively changing work environment using complex problem solving, common sense and strong interpersonal skills;
- Experience working in a multi-cultural organization, GCC region desirable.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies don’t ask for money.