We are looking for a Customs Clearance Associate to join the UAE team, to be based at our client site. If you have experience in import documentation and dealing with Dubai Trade, apply now!
At Maersk, you’ll be part of a global team motivated by bringing food and commodities to people in every corner of the world. We do this through close partnerships with our valued customers, who trade everything from seafood and fruits, to clothes, electronics and cars! No matter our role in the Region our end goal is to simplify the lives of our customers. This is done through seamless processes, best in class digital solutions, and great customer service!
Our diverse team of passionate and dedicated colleagues are empowered and supported to grow by their leaders. We all have our customers in mind, in every action of our daily work life, and this is truly the key to reaching our target!
An exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business setting characterised by high pace and diversity. You will get to focus on creating valuable relations with current and new customers and work with highly-professional teams in an environment where you will be valued, recognised and well-rewarded.
- Proactively monitor and control inbound & outbound (Air, Sea & Land freight) shipments to ensure the timely delivery of products & non-products to end-users.
- Manage day-to-day customs transactions and ensure transactions are properly performed.
- Maintain clear communication lines with client and reporting manager in order to meet logistics requirements.
- Ensure to provide the proper/complete information to client about inbound/outbound shipments.
- Will be responsible to provide better visibility for all LF/AF/SF in transit shipments and actively do follow ups for timely/safely delivery of all goods
- Also he/ she need to thoroughly check / verify BOE/all Govt related documents prior shipment customs clearance and shipping. If due to negligence any penalty, fine, detention, demurrage cost will occur Logistics officer will be held responsible for it
- Will be responsible for all shipments handled by him/ her
- Will be responsible for on time submission of validated invoices and conduct invoice reconciliation
We are looking for
- Crisis Management capabilities
- Must have in-depth knowledge of “H.S. codes”
- Good knowledge of the online procedure of export and import customs clearance process E-MIRSAL I and II
- Ability to constructively challenge the status quo and establish the need for change
- Confident to have a go and accept tasks ownership
- Maintain focus on immediate and long term requirements
- 3-5 years relevant experience in a Freight Forwarding and Logistics role
- Excellent data analysis skills
- Advanced skills across the MS Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project
- Fluency in written & spoken English
- Holds a current UAE Driver’s License