No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
You are a passionate and dynamic person ready for bigger scope of responsibility. You want to lead, inspire and build a strong team. You want to create a better life for many individuals at their homes.
What’s more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- Post Graduate Certification
- 3 – 5 years Retail managerial experience preferably in IKEA
- Experience of working in a fast-paced and commercial environment.
- Experience of managing and developing a team, preferably in retail environment.
- Business-minded and result-driven with a customer focus
- Self-reliant and motivated with a proven ability to work as part of a larger team and cross functionally.
- Strong leadership skills
- Strategic planning and analytical skills
- Problem solving
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer Literate
About the Role
You responsible to achieve an enjoyable, convenient and successful shopping and buying experience that leads to increased sales and sustained long-term profitability. To create satisfied customers in an efficient and effective way by using all media and sales channels available in order to attract and encourage more customers to visit more often and buy more. This is achieved by optimising the sales priorities using commercial activities and securing the right forecasts for the total IKEA offer. The main
responsibilities are to ensure satisfied customers, develop and execute sales steering and selling the IKEA way.
Key Role Specific Accountabilities
- Secure a consistent, seamless positive customer experience through all channels by ensuring that your department is always striving to fulfil the three IKEA customer motivators: “Is it worth it?”, “Can I trust IKEA”, “Is there something for me?
- Lead and communicate the commercial calendar and store activity plan to your store colleagues in a way that motivates them to take ownership for their part in achieving the overall goals.
- Secure the vitality of the IKEA store and IKEA website in all media by working closely with your store commercial team and using good examples from other stores to ensure customers feel inspired to visit the store more frequently.
- Ensure a qualitative and efficient implementation in your store through clear communication and secure that all functions take responsibility for delivering their part.
- Know your local market potential and work with your team and other functions to ensure the IKEA Brand is
- relevant locally throughout the different sales channels.
- Possess excellent knowledge of the IKEA product range and services, national priorities, volume commitments, local market conditions and local store competitors. You will use this information to add to, support and drive the store commercial calendar.
- Act quickly on commercial opportunities; changing availability of products (overstock and out of stock) and customer feedback (10 most asked questions).
- Analyse your activity performance: identify successful activities, solutions and ideas, and use this information to improve the planning of future activities.
- Understand the impact of your actions and activities on the financial results of the store and know which results you have influence over.
- Understand the IKEA social and environmental commitments and know how you can contribute to sustainability.
#LI – Post 19
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.