Group and Job Purpose
The Critical Situation Management Execution Team (CMET) is part of the Customer Support and Service (CSS) Organization.
The CMET team owns the overall CritSit Process. The team works across Services, EPG and Business groups ensuring all the parts are compliant with the process and ensuring a high quality customer and partner experience when facing a CritSit.
CritSits are business critical situations escalated by Microsoft’s highest priority Premier customer segment. Premier customers include government, military, and fortune 500 companies.
The CritSit Manager role is part of the CMET Execution Team and will assist with managing CritSit situations across all technologies. Their primary focus is to meet customer needs by effectively managing internal and external resources and communication across all the parties involved on a CritSit.
The global execution team (EMEA, Americas and APAC regions) provide 24×7, 365 days a year coverage for Premier by managing our Enterprise and Partner clients’ most severe business impact issues, identifying internal failings and driving positive change.
Given the nature of the business, this position does require flexibility to work weekends and some public holidays. The EMEA team working hours are Midday – 20:00 and 1pm to 21:00 BST covering 7 days a week, this is managed on rotation. If working a public holiday or weekend day then a recovery day is given during the week.
This role’s purpose is to:
- Address high priority customer’s escalations needs, for critical and high-visibility problems impacting Microsoft’s strategic Premier customers (Critical Situations) and Partners.
- Participate in 24×7 Coverage schedule providing timely, reliable and high-quality response to complex customer escalations.
- Provide mentor assistance to Premier and CSS regarding the CritSit process when required to ensure successful execution.
- Interface with various departments within the Customer and Partner to drive resolution, up to the executive level as necessary.
- Interface with various Microsoft groups to drive resolution, up to the executive level as necessary.
- Positively impact customer satisfaction by:
- Managing Premier Customers’ and Partners’ Critical Situation incidents to ensure that the CritSit process is being followed and any need of escalation is addressed.
- Delivery of a high quality customer and partner experience through timely and effective Response to internal and external customer needs; owning active Critical Situations.
- Deliver a high quality customer and partner experience through timely and effective Resolution of customer’s issues in the quickest way possible.
- Expand internal visibility of Premier Customers’ Critical Situations by managing complex, mission critical, or politically hot Premier customer situations, including Enterprise Accounts and Partners during afterhours.
- Identifying systemic issues and flagging process breakdown during the execution of the CritSit Process the CritSit System.
- Strong (fluent) business level written and verbal communication skills in English
- Moderate language skills in Arabic and other European languages (Spanish/Italian/French etc)
- Candidate must have a broad level 100 knowledge of Microsoft technologies, services and Products.
- 3-5 years of working experience in a customer oriented job position.
- Ability to work weekend and public holidays as required.
- Passion and interest in enhancing the customer experiences and experience in direct customer interaction.
- Candidate must be customer oriented and have strong negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills; This position requires the ability to use assertive, positive and effective communications skills (written and oral) to, work effectively across multiple management levels up the executive level as necessary.
- Exceptional organizational skills to manage effective escalation within different Microsoft departments.
- Candidate must have the ability to effectively influence and lead actions across the group and organization (cross-group collaboration skills).
- Candidate must be action oriented, demonstrate ability to drive issues to resolution on behalf of the customers.