Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a
lasting institution that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 120 cities across 12 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region.
About the role:
This role is responsible for creating and managing strategy for Careem social media and content ecosystem, bringing our brand strategy to life and engaging with our ever-growing customer-base. You will develop and execute campaigns that drives organic engagement and story-telling for all Social Media channels. Whilst story-telling will live strongly in these channel, this role will build strategies which drive earned customer engagement beyond social channels too. We are looking for a highly creative individual who can think strategically, stretch their content-development muscles and be part of building an own-able social presence that drives brand and business performance. From tapping into the latest social media platform trend to innovating how we engage our community, this person will have their finger on the pulse of all things social media.
- Design a social media strategy that aligns with the company’s strategy as a whole and the marketing strategy in
- Customize the strategy for every market to fit its needs, on board and train the marketing as well as the social teams.
- Set the strategic targets for each market and track them monthly.
- Setup regular content and plan review sessions with each market to improve the quality of content.
- Build social media playbooks for the launch of new services, new app features, and significant updates.
- Build social media and marketing execution and ideation playbooks for the global campaigns, in coordination with the global brand and marketing team and ensure of the ideal global campaign’s roll-out.
- Coordinate and create content with the corporate affairs and the community management teams to handle the announcement of major news online, campaign launch, and crisis management.
- Monitor all the online activities of all markets to make sure everything is published follows the company’s narrative and brand identity.
- Conduct performance reports for global and local campaigns, list all the learning and findings and present it to all stakeholders.
- Support the product teams with the development of new features and products from a customer standpoint, by studying all the reports and stats which show the user behavior and pain points.
Stay up to date with the trends in all markets and come up with ad-hoc mini-campaigns that keep the brand on the regions’ social media map.
- Manage earned media & organic social media calendar and metrics across channels.
- Own and manage the corporate social media channels.
- 5+ years in social media management, strategy and content delivery.
- Experience and knowledge of the latest reporting and analysis tools.
- Knowledge of social media/networking platforms and monitoring tools.
- Close attention to detail and ability to manage priorities in a high volume, faced paced environment.
- Demonstrated success of social campaigns and programs that have helped drive rapid adoption of new products in emerging categories.
- Proven ability to own both the narrative and the results.
- Exceptional writing/editing skills and the ability to adopt the style, tone and voice of Careem. An outstanding writer and speaker with a passion for storytelling and finding compelling story ideas.
- Adept at building consensus and gaining cross-functional alignment with peers and senior leaders.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written to clearly convey strategies, tactics, rationale and results to peers, agencies and executive stakeholders.
- Team player with the ability to handle pressure.
- Proven ability to thrive in a self-driven, fast-paced environment with multiple stakeholders, changing priorities and minimal direction.