Client Technical Specialists (CTP) are the technical experts and advisors to clients, IBM sales teams and/or IBM Business Partners. As a CTP you understand the client’s business requirements, technical requirements and/or competitive landscape. You apply your business insights, build and maintain client relationships, incorporate hardware, software and services into client-valued solutions and ensure client readiness for the implementation of technical solutions. This is an opportunity to shape the future for both IBM and its clients. Start your journey now!
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for experienced Technical Specialist to join the IBM Hybrid Cloud Integration Technical Sales team to drive the IBM Cloud Pak System. IBM Cloud Pak System is IBM’s enterprise ready turnkey IT converged infrastructure solution optimized for IBM Cloud Paks.
Fundamental to role is to be able to technically advocate for IBM’s app modernization, integration modernization and multicloud management solutions in order to enable clients to modernize their application and enterprise infrastructure environments. All of the these capabilities are delivered as Cloud Paks and deployable on IBM Cloud Pak System.
- The Technical Specialist will work with the client and IBM team to develop a vision for their cloud strategy, leveraging IBM’s 14 in 4 Journey to Cloud.
- Become a trusted advisor and evangelist for IBM and Red Hat cloud technologies across many segments within the client –CxO, Line of Business, Developer and traditional IT.
- Use innovative ways to identify and progress opportunities to demonstrate client value –i.e. Design Thinking, meetups, whiteboarding, prototyping, hands-on demos.
- Translate client business requirements into solution requirements, solution architecture and solution design.
- Integrate the IBM Cloud Middleware Platform Solutions (Cloud Paks) with the customers’existing and future IBM and Red Hat software investments to provide competitive differentiation.
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret industry, market and technology trends as a foundation for our offering and technology roadmaps.
- Communicate value, progress and status of sales opportunities to all stakeholders.
- Possess experience in consultative selling, effective presentation skills and negotiation techniques are key to success in the role.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably Computer Science or Engineering)
- 5+ years of experience in sales and technical architecture
- 5+ years of experience with converged and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions including IBM PureApp, Nutanix, Cisco, Dell, EMC, Oracle, VMware
- 5+ years of experience in server (Intel and UNIX), storage, networking and SDN architectures,
- Understanding of IBM Middleware technologies, modern methodologies like agile development and DevOps and associated capabilities like automation, orchestration and configuration management, kubernetes and Container technologies
- Understanding of the open source development model and emerging industry trends like artificial intelligence (AI), agile integration, internet of things (IoT), containers, Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), etc.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 10 years of sales and technical architecture roles
- Red Hat certifications – Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) or Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA)
- Ability to quickly learn and articulate the value of IBM Cloud Middleware Platform Solutions (Cloud Paks), Open source application development portfolio including Red Hat OpenShift, Middleware, API Management
- Good understanding of complex enterprise solutions and architectures, experience with public and private cloud technologies including Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS Outposts, Microsoft Azure Stack, Google Compute Engine (GCE) , Google Anthos, WMware
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds – public, private, and hybrid – enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client’s data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.