No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
You will encourage IKEA store visitors to stay longer and enjoy more, making it fun for everyone, offering great food with quality at the lowest prices, giving visitors a tasty reason to return again and again, and providing co-workers with a chance to rest and re-charge. To ensure the full potential of IKEA Food is realised, the following 10 tasks must be fulfilled:
- Attract visitors to the IKEA store
- Offer a range that appeals to the many people on the market
- Strengthen the low-price profile of the IKEA store
- Strengthen the quality perception of the IKEA store
- Contribute to a day out for the whole family
- Strengthen the Swedish profile of the IKEA store
- Build trust for the IKEA store among customers, co-workers and suppliers
- Ensure that IKEA co-workers get a good meal for a low price
- Serve the many store visitors
- Be efficient and generate a reasonable profit
By doing this, IKEA Food supports the IKEA store in selling more IKEA home furnishing products.
What’s more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- High School/Trade School Graduate preferably in hospitality
- 3-5 years supervisory/management experience preferably in a high volume food service restaurant /hospitality environment
- Experience of managing/leading and developing a team
- Advanced knowledge of food production and food safety
- Experience of creating and executing action plans and setting budgets and following up on goals. Proven record of meeting agreed goal
- Understand KPIs and how to affect their results through departmental actions.
- Ability to organise, plan and prioritise.
- Takes responsibility and can delegate when necessary.
- Communicates well with others and is able to influence and co-operate with different functions.
- Ability to see how IKEA Food contributes to increasing the overall performance of an IKEA store.
About the Role
You will be responsible for the IKEA Restaurant sales areas, guest areas (including the co-worker restaurant), dish washing facility and IKEA Cafés (where applicable). You will work together with your team and other colleagues in the IKEA Food management team from where you lead and manage your area to fulfil the purpose of our function by building business and people together. You will strive to make people smile while providing irresistible food offers in a welcoming atmosphere that gives our guests a good reason to return again and again.
Key Specific Accountabilities
- Ensure our customers are always in focus and strive to make them smile, meet and serve our customers showing empathy and care, willing to listen and support them with an attitude based on the IKEA values.
- Lead by example and a good ambassador for the IKEA store in all contact with our customers, giving them a good reason to return again and again.
- Always look at your store through the eyes of our customers and walk the store regularly and have a daily dialogue with your customers to get continuous feedback about their experiences and to learn more about their needs and wants.
- Empower and encourage your team to take immediate action to meet the needs of customers and give input on how to continuously improve our meeting with them.
- Together with your colleagues and manager you contribute actively in the development and implementation of a clear IKEA Food action plan for your store using the store business plan and country business plan. These are supported by input from growing IKEA together and the IKEA Food Direction & Strategy.
- Implement the range matrix to secure a strong IKEA Food range identity in order to distinguish ourselves from our competitors on the market.
- Co-operate with the Communication & Interior Design (Com&In) department and the Commercial Activity Leader/Local Marketing by actively contributing to and supporting all marketing and in-store activities
- Ensure that my team and I know our top-selling products, 3 Aces and 1 King, and that they are available and clearly communicated and displayed at all times.
- Plan and implement range changes in a simple and cost-conscious way. I ensure all co-workers taste and learn about new products before they are launched.
- You use the IKEA Restaurant & Café to initiate various activities that inspire and surprise our guests through engagement, learning and participation.
- You secure an irresistible food offer by ensuring the presentation and communication of the food and beverage range is attractive, e.g. through story-telling, live cooking, and using the IKEA Restaurant & Café as a showroom and co-operating with Com&In.
- Co-operate with the Commercial SFM & Bistro Manager to enhance the link between the IKEA Restaurant & Café and the Swedish Food Market.
- A passionate leader who can bring business and people together and be inspired by the IKEA core leadership capabilities and strive to continuously develop as a leader.
- Committed to the development of my team and secure their training to ensure all co-workers understand the IKEA Concept and other key guidelines, and how they have an impact on their specific roles.
- Empower, support and coach my co-workers on the job to help them perform better and grow.
- Work actively to create an environment where the IKEA culture is a strong and living reality, and diversity is valued, to ensure IKEA Food is regarded as a great place to work.
Steering the business
- Work actively to make the IKEA store successful and high performing, today and tomorrow and you do this by attracting visitors, achieving sales growth and reasonable profitability, ensuring the satisfaction of customers and co-workers, and excellent operational performance as measured through our defined Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Utilise relevant reporting tools, such as StorePoint, the Functional Commercial Review, IKEA Customer Satisfaction Survey and VOICE, to develop the IKEA business, myself and my team.
- Challenge costs by working in a lean, simple and cost-conscious way using and sharing good examples and encouraging my team and colleagues to discover smarter ways of working.
- Work together with the Kitchen Production Manager in operating your area according to the IKEA Quality and Food Safety requirements, as well as other relevant legislation
- Implement and follow the IKEA HACCP plan to meet and secure your store’s requirements.
- Ensure that all food incidents, or potential incidents, are reported through CASY.
- Ensure a good sales forecast for my area, thus enabling proper supply planning, ordering, efficient goods handling and stock control.
- Act in accordance with the IKEA Sustainability Direction and work with my team to take actions that contribute to sustainability, such as waste management.
- Ensure that the shop and products displays are always fresh and look appealing and that daily work routines are in place.
- Take an active role in the IKEA Food management team and work cross-functionally utilizing the competence of your colleagues in other parts of the store as well as with IKEA in your country and encourage co-workers to do the same.
#LI – Post 19
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
WARNING!!! Never send money online to employers or recruiters. The Employer should provide all the documents free of charge including visa. Real recruiting agencies get paid by the employer. If an author of a job advert on Our App asks for money please report it to us