Posted Date: Mar 30 2020
The Medical Manager (MM) is a site based position that is responsible for the development and implementation of Medical plans in conjunction with the GMM and Commercial This also includes being involved in scientific activities to establish scientific leadership with Key External Experts. They will include development of relationships with KEE’s where required as well as in Therapeutic area where there is no MSL through by building a deep understanding of our compounds. Driving proper understanding of the scientific value of our products and their appropriate use to address patient’s needs, provide support to clinical development with investigator nominations and conducting GSK clinical trials. Deliver medical education and respond to medical information queries. In partnership with commercial, drives development of the country strategic and medical plan to provide scientific support for GSK internal stakeholders.
MM should have at least 3-4 years’ experience with a proven track record of success (internally and externally) within a specific therapeutic Area
The MM should at least have spent 40% – 45% of their time externally of which 30% of the time should be spent with Key external experts
Office based scientific expert in the assigned TA, clinical practice and competitor landscape. Through his/her expertise and external interactions he/she will develop insights which will assist in the development and execution of innovative Medical Affairs strategies and plans that clearly support GSK development of medicines of value for patients and customers. They will also play a key role in the development of brand plans working cross functionally across the business.
- Provide product and disease area information to internal and External customers. They should also have a key understanding of the product pipeline and competitor products
- Provide the company with relevant clinical data in line with the company’s scientific % commercial objectives within the guidelines of good clinical practice local & international laws and regulations
- Review all promotional material in accordance of global and Local SOP as well as the promotional codes
- Review and approve local labelling of marketed products ensuring that this is in line with the SMPC
- Attend local and international congresses and ensure the cascade of the science to all stakeholders
- Be a key an active member of the AMP process and ensure that the medical plans and marketing plans are aligned with key deliverables
- The language and activities of the Medical Manager must at all times reflect the medical nature of the role, be fair, balanced, non-promotional, scientific and evidence-based. Medical Managers must ensure full compliance with GSK Code, SOPs and local laws & regulations for all country medical and promotional activities, in line with the principles of Scientific Engagement.
- Be a key partner with Government affairs if we need to present at the MOH or even with market access to insurance companies
- Design medical programs on products for the training of commercial colleagues as well as disease area related questions
- Respond to Medial information queries and integrate with visits to KEE’s where needed
Internal Client Group:
- Together with Medical and commercial colleagues, construct and implement effective Medical Affairs planning in the business review plans
- Deliver Scientific Engagement aligned documentation of all interactions with HCPs.
- Prepare and conduct Scientific training to the GSK sales representatives regarding GSK products and the conditions they treat utilizing approved Sales Training materials.
- Work cross functionally to identify and develop Key External experts especially during the launch of new products, re launches, etc.
External Customer Base:
- Medical Manager should uphold GSK’s commitment to the values of patient focus, transparency and integrity in all interaction and exchange of information between GSK and external communities.
- Conducts peer-to-peer, robust scientific dialogue with external experts (e.g. HCPs, Payer, Patient groups), to generate insights and secure advice that informs GSK’s development of medicines for the ultimate benefit of patients.
- Conducts individual (1:1 type) proactive / reactive discussions and meetings with GSK contracted clinical study investigators, steering committee members, advisory board members, consultants etc., on topics related to the work being conducted with GSK.
- Communicate safety data to HCP (preferably in group setting) to supplement the Dear Healthcare Provider Letter (DHPL) process or in circumstances approved by the GSK Chief Medical Officer (CMO) or delegate.
- Support Pharmacovigilance within organization by ensuring safety reporting responsibilities are met by self and guiding relevant teams he/she work with
- Delivers scientific presentation to formulary committees as applicable in LOC.
- Facilitates, presents at, or otherwise participates in GSK-sponsored Advisory Boards where appropriate and in full alignment with Scientific Engagement principles and operating practices.
- Medical manager may attend scientific meetings to gather information on recent data being presented on products and disease states of interest to GSK or to address HCP’s unsolicited questions regarding GSK products within the Medical Affairs/scientific/Medical Information booth.
- For proactive group presentations at promotional meetings in national and large regional events, the MSE can act as the GSK expert and pro-actively present to HCPs about our products & their disease areas (on label)
- Participate in the expert work on the updating of the product information leaflets in the LoC
- Support the Evidence Generation activities in the LoC with the Evidence Generation teams as applicable, including providing relevant medical expert TA input, supporting study conduct and/or participating in the relevant publications in the relevant the therapy area to address evidence gap that supports the proper use of GSK medicines in the LoC.
- Responds in a timely and accurate manner, to unsolicited requests for on or off – label information or safety concerns from HCPs in verbal, written or presentation forms in 1:1 or group setting, and to document these responses on the Medical Information system
- Acts as a medical governance champion within the medical & commercial teams he/she works with ensuring full awareness and implementation of relevant SOPs in all activities while continuing to have can-do approach that facilitates and supports GSK to increase its scientific share of voice and deliver effective engagements that address identified medical and educational needs to best serve our patients and HCPs
- Keep regular update and operate within the relevant Codes of Conduct, and SOPs
- Works pro-actively with KEE’s so that they understand the GSK ways of working
- The position requires at least level 3 proficiency (“proficient”)as per the medical capability framework in the relevant therapy area/product knowledge, communication skills and medical governance with at least level 2 (“ developing”) in value access and evidence generation capability. as well as preferred experience in the Gulf countries.
- Comfortable working across boundaries in matrix organization across functions, geographies and cultures.
- Individual contributor with medium to high job complexity and a high level of autonomy & accountability
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills:
- Medical Graduate is preferred.
- Advanced skills to handle a range of complex relationships/issues/multiple projects simultaneously
- Have proven influential skills
- Have strong interpersonal and networking skills with ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels of GSK and external stakeholders
- Understand the healthcare system, environment and with experience in/knowledge of pharmaceutical industry.
- Have good command of spoken & written English
- Excellence in execution of all governance processes
- Evidence Generation, Scientific Engagement, Lifecycle Management
- Robust knowledge of Industry, GSK business model & core strategic processes and understanding the value-added role of medical in strategic brand/portfolio plan
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK’s commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.