- Prepare: RAM plans, Reliability Growth Plans, Engineering Safety Management Plans, and programmes for delivery of these plans
- Prepare and manage qualitative and quantitative assessments, including HAZOP, HAZID, FMECA, RBDs, FRACAS, fault tree and event tree analysis.
- Produce formal technical reports and other project deliverables such as RAMS plans and safety cases on time and to budget.
- Working closely with the rail/transportation team, provide support as required in new business development activities, including contribution to proposals, and advise appropriate manager of potential business opportunities identified.
- Provide technical support and advice to clients predominantly in rail and metro
- Bachelors degree in a relevant engineering discipline from an internationally accredited organisation
- Prior and demonstrable experience in a similar role
- It is envisaged that the successful Systems Assurance Lead will have the following experience and knowledge
- Technical safety and risk assessment experience
- Safety engineering and safety case development
- Proven experience of implementing a variety of safety and reliability standards on projects such as CENELEC standards EN 50126, EN 50128 and EN 50129
- Experience of conducting PHA and HAZOP workshops E
- Experience in RAM engineering including knowledge of FRACAS, Reliability Growth and Life Cycle Costing
- Proven ability to work effectively with clients, both in face-to-face meetings and through interaction by telephone and email
- You will have worked in a multi-disciplinary team understanding the key interfaces within a working railway / metro system and have produced and implemented interface management plans.
- A working knowledge of requirements management software such as DOORS and or Comply Pro 2 will be a distinct advantage.
- Using leadership skills to build and nurture relationships and also creating effective working environments
- In Mott MacDonald, we have a strong policy ethical behaviour and expect the highest standards of ethical practice. These are at the core of our corporate values hence do not engage in any aspects of bribery or corrupt practice. As such, we expect staff must always act:
- With integrity
- With due skill, care and diligence
- In good faith, and
- In compliance with all applicable laws
- Adopting an adaptive mindset and using strategic and critical thinking to approach problems in a new way
- Ability to deal efficiently with priorities and manage time appropriately
- Advanced level proficiency with all MS Office products, including: Outlook; Word; Excel; and PowerPoint
- A dedicated team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels including external stakeholders
- Ensure MacDonald HSE policies are at the forefront of all activities
- Adopting a proactive approach towards complex tasks and overall delivery
- Sound knowledge of professional and international standards
Mott MacDonald is a £1.2 billion management, engineering and development consultancy with 16,000 staff and a global reach spanning six continents. Our network of 180 principal offices in 140 countries gives us local market insight backed by world class expertise to deliver excellence for every client.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture. At Mott MacDonald, we are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace.
Main Purpose of the Job:
As a Systems Assurance Lead, you will be providing technical support and advice to our clients.
WARNING!!! Never send money online to employers or recruiters. The Employer should provide all the documents free of charge including visa. Real recruiting agencies get paid by the employer.