Line of Service
DirectorJob Description & Summary
The Financial Services Consulting team provides a full range of services to our Banking & Financial Services clients. PwC’s Insurance practice provides guidance in such areas as technology, regulation, customer experience, the productivity agenda and other issues.
The insurance industry is undergoing fundamental transformation as it comes up against the impact of new regulation, new technology, accelerating shifts in consumer demand and mounting competition from InsurTech players.
As a member of our growing team, you will navigate this increasingly complex and uncertain business and geopolitical landscape by helping organizations become more effective by looking beyond the traditional boundaries of the insurance business to improve the way they operate; manage costs; better align people, process and technology initiatives; support business growth to maintain or improve competitive edge and complete market and regulatory risk assessment. In doing so, we focus on their agendas and the big issues they need to deal with, both today and in the future.
We are looking for dynamic, flexible, proactive and hardworking experienced consultants who have a passion for shaping financial services positively in the GCC over the coming years. We have a strong pipeline of large, transformational opportunities with our clients which will provide great opportunities for all our people to step up and play significant and rewarding roles.As a Director you will build and manage project teams to deploy innovative end-to-end digital solutions during the implementation and migration of projects. Your responsibilities include:
- Build “Insurance Advisory” business across the Middle East, focusing in the areas of:
Exploring, understanding and optimizing (on an ad-hoc basis) the insurance products life cycles and operational management, i.e. business processes, and information flows by:
-Identifying key insurance company stakeholders and business processes owners
-Assessing existing IT support and known workarounds
-Analyzing existing business processes and workflows
-Designing with software engineers and documenting business processes and workflows,
preparing business cases on an ad-hoc basis capturing potential areas of operational
improvement and formalizing the latter
Transition and migration to the new platform by:
-Understanding insurance companies and their clients’ expectations and formalize the latter
-Contributing to set priorities and consequently to reach an agreement upon projects development milestones and timeframes
-Participating to a clear communication among stakeholders and insurance companies’ business process owners, communicating their needs and requirements to software engineers
-Documenting and making transparent projects progress
-Facilitating workshops, demos and meetings for the project steering committees
-Reporting and documenting issues
-Defining testing scenarios, when required, based on the client gathered business
-Performing Quality Assurance
- Responsible for sales and delivery of insurance proposition and build the team to ensure PwC positions itself as one of the major players in the region
- Lead sales pitches to clients and ensure growth of the insurance platform in terms of revenue terms.
- Manage and lead assignments including day-to-day follow up on project teams and ensuring targets are met.
- Build and enhance insurance team capabilities by always being up to date with trends in the market and understanding the impact on our clients so that you can help shape their thinking and our success in the market.
- Develop propositions and impart this knowledge to Managers, Consultants and Senior Consultants.
- Work with colleagues in all Middle Eastern offices on client work and internal initiatives as well as with international teams where appropriate.
- Keep up to date with current trends from the region and from across the world. Demonstrate teamwork and responsibility with the engagement team members; stay abreast of current business and economic developments relevant to the client’s business; and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of services provided.
- Whilst working in and leading the Insurance Advisory team, you will develop your understanding of the key themes in the market and in the region. You will work collaboratively with other Financial Services experts to shape the future of our clients and to bring about positive change. You will have access to all the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, and Economics, Quantitative Analysis or other related major required.
- CA/CFA/MBA or equivalent.
- Years of Experience: 12-15 years of experience in the Financial Services field. Strong experience in operations, PMO and/or change management functions within the insurance industry.
- Good understanding of wealth management insurance solutions (products) life cycle
- Exposure to digital transformation project(s) is an advantage; knowledge of Agile methodology is a plus
- Previous experience within the Middle East is a plus, particularly towards the latter part of the career.
- Excellent organizational skills, having the ability to prioritize workload whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Proven IT skills in Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Language Skills: Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written), particularly ability to articulate concepts and recommendations in written form (PowerPoint reports, charts etc.) Arabic is an advantage.
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project dictates.
- Strong capability to lead sales and manage delivery.
- Strong ability to manage large project/ consulting teams (10+).
- In depth financial sector acumen and the underlying market forces affecting the performance of organizations and their strategic objectives.
- Demonstrated track record in development and implementation of practical solutions to complex strategic challenges.
- Proven strong conceptualized thinking and analytical capabilities.
- Demonstrated track record in business development and sales. Should have a track record in relationship management and business development.
- Should have gained previous experience in managing staff and the ability to demonstrate leadership skills.
- Strong portfolio / program/ project management skills.
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:Degrees/Field of Study preferred:Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Up to 60%Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
YesGovernment Clearance Required?
NoJob Posting End Date
WARNING!!! Never send money online to employers or recruiters. The Employer should provide all the documents free of charge including visa. Real recruiting agencies get paid by the employer.