Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The Power Grids business delivers products, systems, service and software solutions as part of its comprehensive power & automation offering for the grid across the power value chain – serving utility, industry, transportation and infrastructure customers.
You as a Sales Account Manager Distribution Utilities will be part of Power Grids business based in Dubai; UAE. Reporting to the Gulf Operating Unit Manager, you will be developing, implementing and managing the account strategy focused on growth, profitability and customer satisfaction. Coordinating the sales activities and managing resolution of specific customer problems.
- Account strategies: Participating in the development of sales strategies for accounts by providing the customer’s current business and long-term plans.
- Sales targets: Defining and proposing sales targets and growth margins for the account and ensuring their achievement with a structured follow up process.
- Account plan: Leading the development and implementing of the account plan to include designing the executive relationship strategy and coverage plans, prioritizing the opportunities, identifying a target for each solution element. Proposing recovery plans in case of potential order shortfalls.
- Customer relations: Establishing and developing account relationships based on a defined strategy. Acting as focal point for problem resolution and monitoring customer claims. Planning, facilitating and conducting customer negotiations.
- Customer knowledge: Developing, maintaining and sharing detailed knowledge of the customer’s business strategy, purchasing behavior, organization, decision-makers, customer business drivers, economic trends, and competition.
- Volume and profit: Selling products, solutions and services to customers, focusing on volume, mix and profitability targets for assigned business unit.
- Market activity: Monitoring competitors’ activity with each account and ensuring that appropriate response strategies are formulated and implemented.
- Sales: Creating added value for the customer and ABB by ensuring a coordinated sales approach (e.g. frame agreements). Communicating details in accordance with ABB supply, offering and strategy.
- Marketing: Coordinating the use of internal or external resources (e.g. technical, advertising, and marketing) in order to provide value added services to accounts.
- Safety and integrity: Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering.
- 10 to 15 years of experience in Transmission and Distribution industries.
- Strong Middle east market knowledge and customer network skills.
- Proven leadership skills, with a collaborative, solutions-oriented approach, strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of Customer Relationship Management.
- Strong background on Automation and Protection solutions.
- Ability to travel.
- Proficiency in both spoken & written English language is required.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
WARNING!!! Never send money online to employers or recruiters. The Employer should provide all the documents free of charge including visa. Real recruiting agencies get paid by the employer.