Svitzer is one of the world’s largest towage companies, owning and operating vessels in more than 40 countries and more than 150 ports and terminals across the globe. The company is growing rapidly both organically and through acquisitions. Svitzer is a wholly-owned part of the Maersk Group. For more information about the company, please visit www.svitzer.com.
The AMEA Region today operates close to 100 vessels and employs more than 1,100 colleagues. The region has a strong growth focus with an extensive project pipeline and a defined ambition of doubling the size of the business in the foreseeable future. The regional headoffice is located in Dubai and comprises a truly international team.
Based in Dubai and reporting to the Regional Head of Legal, you will be involved in a wide and challenging range of business issues throughout the organisation and will co-operate closely with your manager and external advisors to deliver a variety of legal services to the organization and to colleagues in our operations around the AMEA Region.
You will join a dynamic, international and growth-focused organisation that values integrity and genuinely cares for doing the right thing.
A large, ambitious, innovative and fast paced organisation operating in countries all over the world with very diverse challenges. The position offers a unique opportunity for a pro-active person with a creative and entrepreneurial mindset to:
Work both independently and as part of a team, playing a critical role in supporting the Commercial and Operations team with Legal/Commercial enquiries, negotiations, tender drafting etc
Acquire in-depth understanding of emerging markets in Africa, the Middle East and Asia and
Develop understanding of all solutions offered by SVITZER and the Towage industry in general.
This is an opportunity to have an impact on all aspects of our business and at the same time giving the right candidate the possibility of continuous professional/personal development and exciting career opportunities within Svitzer as well as the Maersk Group.
- Working with the Regional Legal Counsel in assisting the Svitzer AMEA regional team with negotiating, reviewing and drafting a broad range of legal documents relevant to the business operations of SVITZER in the AMEA Region, responding to general legal enquires, drafting and negotiating variation orders, handling internal commercial enquires pertaining to existing contracts and handling of disputes.
- Reviewing tender document and working with the commercial team to prepare bid submissions for new business opportunities.
- Managing corporate governance matters related to AMEA Region legal entities and Joint Ventures, specifically: incorporation of new legal entities in jurisdictions across AMEA and further management, preparation of POAs, board minutes and resolutions.
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating charter party agreements, including BIMCO terms.
- Managing vessel sale/purchase processes, including preparing vessel sale agreements, managing flagging/re- flagging requirements.
- Assisting with M&A activities across the AMEA Region.
- Coordinating with external legal counsel. Overseeing and reviewing work carried out by external legal counsel and acting as a liaison between external counsel and colleagues.
- Creation and subsequent maintenance of a comprehensive legal filing system and maintaining a document database for SVITZER’s operations in the AMEA Region.
- Management and recording of the ongoing corporate affairs of all companies within the AMEA Region.
- Coordinating with Regional Legal Counsel to ensure implementation, development and monitoring of compliance processes, including the company internal rules.
- Reporting to the Group on relevant issues as and when required, including managing and updating the Group corporate database for all SVITZER entities within the AMEA Region.
We are looking for
- Law degree is essential plus current qualification to practice law from a recognized legal regulatory body
- Minimum 5+ year post qualification experience
- Excellent written and spoken English. French or Portuguese language skills would be an advantage.
- High proficiency in Microsoft office.
- Experience working in the Middle East and currently based in the region preferred
- Knowledge of cross border corporate and commercial transactions and having undertaken work of an international standard will be useful
- Maritime law experience preferred but not essential
The successful candidate for this position thrives in a dynamic, international environment.
You will have strong analytical and excellent organizational skills with rigorous attention to detail, and the ability to multitask and prioritize to meet objectives.
Possess good communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively explain legal concepts to non-lawyers and an ability to take initiative, express opinions, make and defend decisions and act independently as well as part of the wider team.
WARNING!!! Never send money online to employers or recruiters. The Employer should provide all the documents free of charge including visa. Real recruiting agencies get paid by the employer.