Field Service Engineer I – Airports
The future is what we make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fuelling jets in an eco- friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Where Do You Fit In?
We are currently seeking a motivated and hardworking individual to join our team as a Service Application Engineer – Airports to be based in Dubai, UAE. In this role, you will be responsible for managing and controlling all operations and services related to CMS for Airfield Lighting Systems at Airports across the UAE. With limited supervision, you will participate in the engineering, development, testing, implementation, operation, and maintenance of AGLCMS / A- SMGCS / ATM / VDGS and other related technologies in Airports projects and products. You will work in a team- oriented environment to maintain high operational availability of the network and ensure the availability and security of AGLCMS / A- SMGCS / ATM/VDGS applications and data.
What Will You Be Doing Every Single Day?
· Regular monitoring and maintenance of highly critical servers of Airfield Lighting Systems
· Ensure the CMS system is working error free, updated periodically and regularly backed up to avoid any interruption in operations
· Installation of application software in a testing and training environment for CMS
· Support installation application software on customer site
· Support troubleshooting of application software on customer locations
· Provide first level technical assistance against any software bugs encountered while system is in operation
· Write scripts to atomize for desired output on text files
· Requirement gathering and specification to design and prepare system as well software solution proposals in line with strategies and best practices.
· Develop and review system and network performance results, systems standards, strategies, and workflows.
· Guide the documentation of technical procedures for department use to ensure uniformity of process.
· Maintain technical quality in operating environments through the monitoring and development of advanced solutions.
· Install system hardware and software, ensures proper performance and stabilizes systems.
· Evaluate techniques, develops recommendations and performs testing and certifications.
· System commissioning, validation and acceptance on airport premises
· Training and briefing of airport personnel
What Skills and Experience Will You Have?
· Bachelor’s degree or Engineering – Computer, Instrumentation, Electrical and Electronics
· Proven previous work experience on installation, testing and commissioning for in Engineering Systems
· Knowledge of Control and Monitoring System (CMS) applications for Airfield Ground Lighting (AGL)
· Knowledge of Cybersecurity practices and operations
· Previous working experience with Windows and Linux OS
· Technical expertise in the implementation, operation and design of multi- vendor and multi- protocol environments found in a leading- edge data center.
· Intermediate analytical, research, planning, organizational, presentation, and written/verbal communication skills
· Software development: C++, Linux scripting
· Desired Certifications: any Linux, CCNP, ITIL Certification
· Very good English skills
· Familiar in software development C, C++, scripting languages
· Strong proficiency in C++, with fair knowledge of the language specification
We can offer you incredible career progression, as well as an attractive remuneration package.
If you believe this is your dream role, then we’d love to hear from you, and apply.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce culture
WARNING!!! Never send money online to employers or recruiters. The Employer should provide all the documents free of charge including visa. Real recruiting agencies get paid by the employer.