The Territory Executive is an exciting sales position responsible for developing and closing opportunities within a specific Commercial sales territory.
The key objective therefore will be for you to develop, manage and accurately forecast their opportunities to improve VMware sales from their specific territory.
There will be a revenue quota for the territory – as such, the Territory Executive will be developing, building and leading a virtual team associated with the defined territory. [NB: This would typically include the TPBM, aligned Sales Specialists, pooled SE’s, Marketing and Business Operations).
The TE will, therefore, implement a plan to achieve this objective. This plan will include improving sales and alignment coverage, partner mapped and SPBM engagement – as well as identifying the routes to market for the strategic sales opportunities within that territory.
As part of our team, you will:
- Liaise closely with TPBM to improve territory coverage and build strategic deal demand in the assigned territory.
- Own and exceed the strategic deal revenue quota. This includes accurately forecasting sales within the territory. Provide forecasting and update account/opportunity detail in Salesforce.com
- Engage directly with the end customer during the sales cycle. Understanding and establishing relationships with key contacts within the customers and relevant partners
- Sell VMware solution as a ‘platform’ within an account and change the role that IT plays within that account from being considered a ‘cost burden’ to a strategic deployment
- Match the VMware solution to the customer’s business needs, challenges, and technical requirements
- Execute solution selling to existing opportunities and explore ways to up sell and cross sell into that opportunity
- Manage complex enterprise sales campaigns while leading a diverse set of partners within the same account
To be successful, you will need to:
- Demonstrate experience in enterprise software sales with a consistent track record of over achieving sales goals; successful sales background in infrastructure software sales
- Ideally, have experience in direct sales – especially at CxOs level
- Have strong acumen for detailing the business benefits of the sometimes quite technical solutions within the portfolio
- Possess an ability to work as part of an extended team
- Have significant record of accomplishment in selling in software or infrastructure environment
- Be an adept in handling multiple opportunities at a time
- Be able to articulate and evangelize the vision and positioning of both the company and products and secure long-term engagements
- Communicate complex ideas and strategies
- Think strategically and tactically
- Be able to forecast accurately
- Have experience of working in a channel environment
- Have good presentation skills – as well as strong relationship skill, tenacity, resilience and inter-personal skills
- Have a strong knowledge of consultative sales that gets results
- Be high energy person and a motivated self-starter
- Be a dynamic presenter with the ability to translate technical thoughts to everyday language.
- Focus on results with ability to follow through – Consistent record of meeting/exceeding sales objectives and targets
- Have good attention to detail
Ad hoc information:
The role, responsibilities and geographical focus will change and develop over time along with the company’s rapid growth.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Field Sales
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Work From Home: No
Posted Date: 2020-04-20
Sales: VMware’s Sales team focuses on two primary goals: helping customers solve their biggest business problems and hitting our bookings targets to keep our company growing and strong. We begin by forging deep relationships with our customers, so we can truly understand their business challenges and opportunities. We help drive their digital transformation by bringing VMware solutions that provide the speed, agility, and efficiency needed to compete and grow in the Internet economy. We also try to make the world a better place by hosting and participating in community activities. Are you inspired by the chance to solve your customers’ biggest challenges? You can make that kind of difference with VMware’s portfolio of industry-leading solutions. Join our team, and you can grow your career and share in the success of an industry pioneer that’s turning companies into truly digital enterprises.
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.