As an Accountant, you will contribute to Caterpillar’s success by performing accounting duties of moderate complexity under limited supervision. Duties may include preparing financial statements, preparing and analyzing management reports, analyzing financial reports and records, reviewing reconciliations, providing training on reconciliations and accounting processes, advising on correct general ledger accounts for transactions, completing complex reconciliations.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
1. Performs accounting duties of a moderate complex and varied nature under minimal supervision.
2. Analyzes financial reports and records, making studies or recommendations relative to the accounting of reserves, assets and expenditures.
3. May review and verify the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records.
4. Prepare financial statements.
5. When inconsistencies or problems occur, which are outside delegated authority, they are brought to the attention of management. Confers with management to determine the proper means by which to resolve these issues.
6. Provides training and assistance for accounting work and processes.
7. Applies knowledge of advanced accounting methods and procedures to projects and day-to-day activities.
8. May coordinate and review lower-level accounting work assignments for accuracy and completeness.
9. Understands the established continuous improvement objectives for the department. Measures progress toward the continuous improvement standards and ensure that the necessary measurements are maintained. Participates in the resolution of any identified problems. Analyzes data and makes all business decisions based on such analysis.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND KNOWLEDGE:
1. Advanced ability to seek out relevant information.
2. Ability to apply math computation skills including basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, as well as, statistics and other mathematical concepts used in modeling.
3. Thorough knowledge of accounting distribution and ability to verify correctness and completeness of such information.
4. Knowledge of U.S. GAAP and FASB regulations and procedures as they related to the particular area of accounting.
5. Knowledge of and ability to use the software packages utilized by Accounting.
6. Demonstrated ability to create and maintain intermediate level Excel spreadsheets and Word documents.
7. Demonstrated initiative, leadership, judgment and the ability to communicate effectively.
A 4-year university degree or equivalent diploma, in Accounting, and 3-5 years’ experience in accounting practice is recommended. A qualification is an asset.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
WARNING!!! Never send money online to employers or recruiters. The Employer should provide all the documents free of charge including visa. Real recruiting agencies get paid by the employer.