JOIN OUR TEAM IN DUBAI, UAE, BAHRAIN OR DAMMAM, SAUDI ARABIA FOR A FULL-TIME (40 HOURS PER WEEK) POSITION, STARTING AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
Business Development Manager Energy MEA
TODAY, YOU’RE STIMULATING THE WAY A CUSTOMER SUCCEEDS.
TOMORROW, YOU’RE SHAPING THE WAY THE WORLD WORKS.
At DHL, people mean the world to us. That’s why our goal has always been to attract and retain the best talent the world over. We provide challenge and opportunity for personal and professional development. We recognize the difference you bring to our business, and together we share the pride of building THE logistics company for the world.
Customer Solutions & Innovation (CSI) is DHL’s cross-divisional commercial and innovation unit. We are responsible for managing about 100 of DHL’s largest and most strategically important customers providing them with sector expertise, best in class account management and most innovative products & solutions.
The DHL Energy Sector team, understands that as the Energy Industry continues to broaden with global engagements and responsibilities, it requires now more than ever specialized solutions, and innovation, flexibility, and a deep customer insight in order to push further, explore new horizons and capitalize on the entire industry’s forward momentum. That’s why we seek strong partnerships with every Customer, envisaging and creating the connections to achieve business success.
The DPDHL Group purpose is: “Connecting People and Improving Lives” – for the Energy Sector this means “Connecting Customers and Providing Energy to the World”. We connect ideas, people and technology around the world. We do this to deliver smarter and more dynamic solutions that enrich every aspect of the supply chain, and ultimately the life of every consumer.
- Identify and develop new target customers in the Energy Sector in the MEA region that will help generate significant new revenue growth.
- Build customer value through strong relationships, aligned strategies & approach resulting in sustained profitable growth for DHL.
- Support the BUs in delivering double digit growth in the Energy Sector in the MEA region, developing key relationships and providing project leadership when required.
Strategic customer engagement & planning
- Provide input to Customer Development Plan (CDP)
- Execute CDP together with account team & divisions
- Link senior DHL executives with account counterparts at regional level
- Support implementation of DPDHL, CSI, sector strategies
Relationship & opportunity development
- Identify & develop effective relationships with key contacts within targeted customer organizations in respective region, as well as with business unit regional Senior Management to ensure maximum leverage for DHL interests
- Build & leverage network of coaches in the customer organizations to drive DHL agenda
- Proactively Identify & prioritize opportunities within assigned account on a regional level
- Support account team members in the pursuit & closure of opportunities
- Support or conduct opportunity assessment with relevant DHL counterparts for identified opportunities
- Develop recommendation on pursuit or cancellation of opportunities based on financial attractiveness, risk and fit of customer requirements with DHL capabilities
- Maintain pipeline of opportunities within the region to achieve targeted new business wins
- Network with senior decision makers and influencers within the region
- Conduct and Support regular relationship review meetings (e.g. QRRs) with the customer
- Manage the renewal agenda at a regional level in a proactive manner, ensure current business is profitably maintained
Preparing, winning & implementing the deal
- Present solutions to customer demonstrating clear business & solution fit (for regional opportunities)
- Work with the business units and service management to ensure implementations of deal
- Actively engage in negotiations and close the deal (for regional opportunities)
- Ensure handover to solution delivery team & support where needed
- Articulate customer requirements to solution delivery team
- Challenge solution delivery team to ensure customer inputs & requirements are translated into DHL offer
Strategic Thinking & Targeting
- Understands and analyzes the big picture of customer’s business objectives & provides input into the customer strategy
- Translates customer strategy into meaningful business opportunities of value for DHL divisions with minimal guidance, & ensures buy-in for the same
- Evaluates business strategy & landscape in order to identify best fit opportunities for DHL across regions/products/solutions
- Understands customer’s business objectives as outlined in company publications
- Relates specific solutions offered to the customer back to their business objectives
Building & Maintaining Customer Relationships
- Builds strategic relationship with customer counterparts
- Is able to read differing client styles & cultural backgrounds and adapts the approach accordingly
- Actively listens, responds promptly and delivers as agreed
- Demonstrates to the customer good understanding of their supply chain within relevant scope
- Proactively offers advice to customer counterparts based on in depth understanding of supply chain within relevant scope
- Builds coach network with counterparts in customer organization
- Leverages coach network to gain access to relevant customer stakeholders (e.g. decision makers, gatekeepers) in order to strengthen DHL’s position
Selling & Influencing
- Effectively conducts consultative selling based on accelerate principles
- Develops & articulates business fit & solution fit that reflects:
- understanding of customer requirements
- sector & product knowledge
- Identifies & prepares for likely questions/concerns from customer
- Prepares for commercial discussion by identifying customer’s buying criteria & developing strong pricing & negotiation strategies with minimal guidance
- Pushes for closure of deal by using persuasive skills to create a compelling case for DHL’s offering within immediate scope both internally & within customer organization
- Develops proposals that adhere to internal guidelines & commercial standards
- Makes realistic commitments by offering what the internal organization can support
Developing Commercially Viable & Innovative Solutions
- Demonstrates sound knowledge on sector challenges & trends for respective account & their competitors
- Demonstrates extensive divisional product knowledge
- Demonstrates knowledge of competitors & suppliers relevant to account
- Demonstrates a strong knowledge of the Energy industry and its associated requirements and technologies
- Conducts ongoing research through desk research & research meetings with customer counterparts
- Clearly derives customer requirements based on available information
- Proactively offers x-divisional solutions that leverages all relevant products & capabilities of DHL divisions
- Engages customers through consulting studies & customer workshops to identify opportunities to offer innovative solutions
- Understands DHL’s key business drivers (e.g. revenue, cost) & how they impact business decisions & solutions
- Supports development of sustainable commercial arrangements by identifying & taking necessary steps to mitigate financial, commercial & operational risk to DHL
Working Across the Business
- Involves relevant CSI & divisional key stakeholders & secures buy-in & support when providing input to CDP
- Executes the CDP by coordinating respective account teams & resources efficiently & effectively
- Persuades stakeholders in following a course of action that supports the customer and/or DHL overall objectives
- Builds & navigates through internal network across divisions, & uses that to gains support & resources with guidance from sales leader
- Demonstrates ability to clearly communicate implementation requirements,(e.g. resources, processes) both internally & externally & monitors progress
- Is able to escalate issues to the relevant stakeholders to ensure quick resolution
- Energy Industry Experience (more than 5 years)
- Commercial experience (3-5 years)
- The proven ability to engage effectively with customers’ senior management stakeholders
- Sound logistics understanding
- Effective presentation skills
- Excellent business English, written and oral
- Arabic language communication skills is essential, written and oral
- Structured work approach
- Computer proficiency
- International exposure and cultural sensitivity
- Ability to work independently and within a team to deliver results
- Ability to lead and influence without formal authority
- Ability to adapt and perform under changing and uncertain conditions
- Ability to manage in informal DHL matrix structure (Networking; persuasive)
- A working knowledge of all DHL divisions would be advantageous
- University degree
We offer excellent employee benefits, a competitive salary package and great development opportunities.
Anna Kortmann will be happy to answer your questions via telephone +49 228 182 47712.
Interested in this responsible position with its varied tasks? Please click on “Apply Here” and send us your complete application, including a cover letter, CV, references, your desired salary and your earliest possible starting date. You can find further information at dpdhl.jobs.
We are looking forward to your application.
CONNECTING PEOPLE. IMPROVING LIVES.
WARNING!!! Never send money online to employers or recruiters. The Employer should provide all the documents free of charge including visa. Real recruiting agencies get paid by the employer.