- Credit Risk Policy and Assessment Matrix Development
Implement the credit risk policy of Total Solar Group across Total Solar Middle East/GCC
Develop and maintain country-based credit risk assessment Matrix
Review, maintain and improve on the Company’s credit processes and scoring algorithms to enhance the entire workflow
Support credit management in the group and the country -based business team on sourcing qualified credit rating agent and insurance provider
- Credit Risk Analysis and Review – Sales Phase
Review light credit check performed by sales team in early phase and advise on credit risks
Perform full credit check according to the designed matrix and propose the credit risk mitigation plan
Communicate with credit manager in the group and follow up on the approval
Support sales, legal and finance on credit related clause in the contract drafting process
Liaise with internal team in the group, banks and external credit facility providers and on the issuance of guarantees, bonds and other credit instruments
Provide ad-hoc credit risk management reporting to regional management and HQ
- Credit Risk Mitigation – Construction and Operational Phase
Monitor contract execution for both on Balance Sheet and Off Balance Sheet securities e.g. bond, bank guarantees, letter of credit etc.
Perform credit risk review and rating on existing customers and contractors according to credit risk policy
Maintain credit exposure under the defined contract structure to ensure the counter measures are triggered timely on indicated credit risks
Context and environment
In an industry that is reshaping the world’s energy future, there’s no better place to be than Total Solar!
With the rapid growth of business in GCC countries, Total Solar is looking for a Credit Control Specialist to join in the finance team to implement the credit control policy across GCC countries.
Energy is central to a series of future challenges. Everywhere in the world, Total’s employees are helping to make energy better.
- Minimum 5 years working experience in a credit risk, credit control and/or credit analysis
- Good understanding of the credit rating systems and the local credit rating regime and credit rating partners in GCC mainly in UAE
- Strong skills to evaluate company’s business and financials through variety of search platforms and databases
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, business economics or a related field.
- Self-starter, willingness to take ownership of deliverables
- Good time management and tasks prioritization skills.
- Success-oriented and comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-pace environment
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Leadership experience to manage a team across different geographies would be an added advantage
Region, department, area
Experience level required
Affiliate (if known)
About us / company profile
Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental
standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by
100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.
WARNING!!! Never send money online to employers or recruiters. The Employer should provide all the documents free of charge including visa. Real recruiting agencies get paid by the employer.