COME JOIN THE WORLD’S MOST INTERNATIONAL COMPANY
A company that pioneered cross-border express delivery in 1969 and is now active in more than 220 countries and territories worldwide. DHL UAE is the recognized market leader in Express logistics and an Employer of Choice – ranked consistently as Great Place To Work in the UAE for 5 consecutive years, with a 2019 global ranking at #4!
Join our team and discover how an international network that’s focused on service, quality and sustainability, is able to connect people and improve lives through the power of global trade. And not just for our customers, but for every member of our team too. To learn more about our culture, motivated people and our purpose, please visit www.dpdhl.jobs/express
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Trainer will be responsible for delivering, arranging and coordinating training, managing all training documents and records, conducting training needs analyses, and helping to manage the overall relationship between HR (L&D) and the business. They will help to work towards the team’s overarching objective of raising the profile and perception, quality and accessibility of learning and development activities within DHL Express – UAE , in order to achieve the DPDHL Express’s vision of ‘To become the greatest international express company in the world’
Administering Employee Training Programs and related L&D activities
- Assisting with the administration of all the DHL Express global training programs.
- Administering the internal systems and processes training for all new and existing employees.
- Managing and administering the training reporting process, generating reports and updates for HODs, and business heads.
- Coordinating training needs analysis sessions with the business, assisting with the collection and assimilation of TNA feedback and actions.
- Looking after L&D mandatory related licenses and ensuring these are renewed on time.
- Dealing with all logistics for training events, workshops, learning cafés and programs – booking rooms, sending invitations, reminders, attendance lists, feedback forms, liaising with IT, procurement and travel desk to organise F&B, IT A/V and travel arrangements followed by administering the activities internally related systems
- Supporting with initiatives to raise the profile of the L&D function, writing and collecting from others materials for L&D magazine, sending out regular updates
- Managing training schedules and timetables, communicating these as appropriate.
- Maintaining training records (attendance lists, schedules, feedback, records and reporting) and preparing/ disseminating materials (PP slides, handouts, feedback forms). Preparing feedback reports and dealing with post-training follow up, for all internal training.
- Maintaining and reviewing the L&D intranet page, adding new content, and communicating this to the business.
Designing /Developing Training Program Plans and Budgets
- Participating in the discovery stage, designing/developing of training program plans to support country business plan.
- Working with the L&D team on the development of the local learning /training programs, ensure alignment of training objectives with the country business plan to effectively impact key business indicators.
- Conducting TNA to identify performance gaps and working with managers to develop and implement appropriate training to or learning programs that addresses performance gap evolved from the TNA
- Actively participate in the development and the implementation of the training calendar
- Ensures all learning and development activities (department specific and general training) are strategically linked to the organization’s mission and vision
- Act as a change catalyst in the cultural and organizational transformation of the company
- Participating in the development of the Training budget as required.
- Supporting in managing department controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Utilizing our budget tracking system to control and monitor departmental expenditures.
- Ensuring that any petty cash is administered correctly, invoices are signed, proper records are kept and all parties are kept up to date.
Delivering Training Programs
- Facilitate the DHL Express global programs, cross-functional, soft skills, leadership & behavioral trainings for the organization.
- Managing, delivering and coordinating the induction process for new joiners including coordination with recruitment team, sending out correspondence, following up with new starters and managing the new joiner induction tracker.
- Facilitating workshops , road shows and learning bites for a diverse group of people
Evaluating Learning and Development Programs Effectiveness and Advancing the ROI
- Conduct Training Evaluation for all completed internal /local training programs to determine their effectiveness and ROI
- Helping employees identify specific behaviors aligned with our global development program attributes that will contribute to service excellence.
- Observing service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals and/or managers.
- Evaluating Training Programs Effectiveness
- Collaborating with operational leaders to assess if employees demonstrate effective technical, business and leadership skills.
- Measuring transfer of learning from training courses to the operation.
- Coaching the staff and or management on the implementation of the learning and development interventions
- Bachelor’s degree in Human resources, Master’s degree preferred
- Ability to design training content from scratch for behavioral skillset training needs
- Experience in, HR, L&D or other relevant academic fields
- Excellent standard of the English language essential, Arabic language is certainly an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of training processes, systems, and challenges
- High-level ability with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).Specifically advanced Excel.
- Strong understanding of training concepts, analysis, modules and best practices
Ideal qualification (an advantage but not mandatory):
- HR/training qualification (CIPD, SHRM or equivalent)
- Coaching experience/certificate.
- Familiarity with test administration and psychometric tools
- Instructional design knowledge
- Arabic language skills
- Recognized training/assessing/IQA qualifications (ie C&G, PTLLS, TAQA, A1/D32/D33)
- Train the Trainer qualification.
- Psychometric testing administrator.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as HR learning and development/training role or field trainer in GCC market
- Proven work experience as a trainer, training facilitator coordinating multiple training events in a corporate environment
- Effective utilisation of new L&D technologies/trends in implementing training modules
- Experience in managing team performance via goal setting and various evaluation methods
- Work experience in a multi-cultural environment
- Competent in modern computer packages and e-learning techniques
- Strong background in training budget planning and forecasting
- Familiarity with LMS systems
Ideal Experience (an advantage but not mandatory):
- Assessment centers design and administrating
- Coaching and administering 360 feedback and other assessment methods
PERSONAL QUALITIES / COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to work under pressure and deadline driven
- Advanced organizational and interpersonal skills. Proven track record in successfully organizing /running learning and development activities end-to-end.
- Positive and entrepreneurial mindset with a very strong customer-first attitude.
- Ability to work independently and interact in confidence with management and possibly senior management positions internally and within DHL -MENA on the subject of trainings and education.
- Ability to multi-taskAbility to work under pressure, within a fast paced operational environment
- Hands-on, solution and result oriented attitude. Problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates Integrity & Trust in all interactions and model our leadership attributes of Respect & Results
- Strong communication and public speaking skills
- Advanced interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Flexibility, adaptability, Self-Commitment , Self-starter, team player and reliable problem solver
- High level attention to detail
- Ability to work within the team or on their own on tasks
- Excellent communication skills – articulate and tactful in written and verbal communications – will be liaising with all levels of the business
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT:
- Occasional travel within MENA countries
- Must be able to travel to different locations and emirates to complete training programs based on the operations requirements (as required)
- Must be flexible in working hours
WARNING!!! Never send money online to employers or recruiters. The Employer should provide all the documents free of charge including visa. Real recruiting agencies get paid by the employer.