- Company: Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Education Level: Bachelor
- Experience: 2 Years
- Job Type: Hospitality, Hotel
An opportunity has arisen for an Operations Manager to join our Villa Fteam in Jumeirah Zabeel Saray.
- Set the strategies along with the DOSM and implementing sales activities in order to drive business from new clients (additional business to the existing portfolio of key accounts)
- Effectively develop the respective potential accounts and achieve the set revenue targets
- Monitoring market trends, collecting and sharing market intelligence with the team and the management.
- Supporting and communicating Jumeirah’s brand promise” Stay Different”.
- Source new partners to increase market share (concierge companies, high end travel agents, relocation companies, etc)
- Maximise revenue generation based on source market analysis.
- Develop annual Royal Residence strategy together with DOM and DOSM supporting overall hotel’s Commercial Plan aimed to deliver financial targets.
- Establish annual revenue targets for the Royal Residences and utilize as measurement tool.
- Record Sales activities and accomplishments through Sales force
- Contribute to overall Commercial Strategy of JZS through collaboration with Sales, Marketing and Revenue leadership.
- To ensure smooth and efficient daily operation of the Residences / Hotel ensuring that all guests and visitors receive an optimum level of service and care at all times.
- Trains, cross –trains, and retrains all Butlers / Guest Relations to execute brand standards.
- Organize/Perform/ Arrange curb side and In Villa/Top Suites check in for VIPs.
- Maintain and Execute room inspections, escorting, pre arrival calls, courtesy calls for VIP guest in house, Post stay emails and follow ups.
- Follow up / reply on guest reviews and complaints.
- Welcomes VIP guests, establish rapport and socialize to become a point of reference during stay and establish long term loyality.
- Directs the activities of Butlers / Guest Relations to create a welcoming experience.
- Establish correct protocol for pre arrival experience ensuring customized services.
- Ensure correct protocol and treatment is prepared and given to our high profile VIP guests.
- Ensure that all guest arrival and departure procedures are completed as defined in the Butler / Guest Relations Manual.
- Ensure that all Guest History Files are well maintained by supervising maintenance of guest history records and carrying out regular spot-checks on the quality & usefulness of the information.
- Handle customer complaints and feedback according to Jumeirah standards ensuring complaints are recorded when necessary.
- Personalization of guest experiences.
- Maintain privacy at all times, as the main point of contract.
- Oversee the duty schedule of Butlers / Guest Relations to ensure that there is sufficient supervision and manning for all daily operations.
- Ensure that appraisal are conducted effectively in Residences department and recorded according to Jumeirah Policy.
- Ensure that SOP’s and manual are updated and available for all colleagues.
- Ensure all training for colleagues is conducted and recorded.
- Control review and update SOP’s whenever necessary and ensuring that any changes are communicated to all concerned staff.
- Maintain records of customer feedback and records of action taken to address complaints and negative rating and/or comments.
- Communicate new or amended procedures to relevant departments/colleagues in timely manner, ensuring they have been understood.
- Assist in the daily operation ensuring to always be a leading example showing excellent customer service skills.
- Attend the daily Rooms Division morning meeting.
- Ensure regular department meetings are being held and that open communication is taking place and outstanding issues are followed in all Residences Department.
- Attend Operational and Department Head meetings whenever required and actively participate in achieving common results.
- Build and maintain close relationship with VIP guests to obtain information about how to continuously improve the hotel services
- Meet or ensure proper greetings of VIP’s on arrival according to VIP level and protocol.
- Identify customer service problems and make adjustments to standards, systems and procedures to ensure continued service quality.
- Measure and monitor operational performance to achieve best results at all times.
- Communicates and liaises at all times with Front Office Manager with regards to the daily operation and activities.
- Ensure that the highest quality service is delivered by all team members.
- Lead and motivate the team, ensuring maximum colleague productivity.
- Ensure manning and competence level of selected colleagues is sufficient for the department to meet the needs of the organization and customer
- Maintain open line of communication and ensure customer complaints/feedback is handled effectively and efficiently by liaising with other related departments and complying with Jumeirah & Customer Feedback standards.
- Demonstrate a full understanding and knowledge of all in-house services, facilities, amenities and functions.
- Handle customer complaints and feedback according to Jumeirah and ZS standards ensuring complaints are recorded when necessary.
- Supervise the daily allocation of VIP rooms and selection of appropriate VIP amenities.
- Carry spot-checks on, in-room VIP amenities to ensure that the correct Standard is maintained.
- Ensuring measurable quality objectives are established and actively participate in the review of these objectives.
- Actively promote an awareness of customer requirement.
- Ensure that colleagues are aware of the relevance and importance of their activities and how they contribute to the department objectives.
- Provide constant coaching, counselling and discipline to colleagues to ensure their capability to meet the needs of the customer and the organization.
- Work with Business Excellence for Root Cause Analysis.
- Issue purchase requests and approve store requisitions, ensuring that departmental stocks are sufficient, but not exceeding the requirement.
- To ensure that all department expenses are in line with the budget and that all costs are strictly controlled with focus on amenity costs
- Motivate colleagues and provides a work environment which brings out the best in team members
- Supports individual team members to achieve personal & professional goals
- Responsible to enhance skills of colleagues and team leader in various aspects of operations by constantly monitoring their performance levels.
- Achieves work objectives through effective delegation
- Undertakes bi-monthly feedback sessions for relevant team members
- Ensures that all employees follow health & safety rules and procedures.
- Takes corrective action when required to improve safety of work areas.
- Provides training to ensure all team members develop & grow
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Able to converse and resolve guest complaints/issues in a calm and professional manner
- Detail-oriented, organized and very flexible with working extended hours
- Energetic with a positive attitude
- Diploma or Degree equivalent Hotel related education
- Minimum 02 years hotel leadership experience, including Guest Service / Sales Supervisory/Management experience
- Proficient in OPERA PMS
- Proficient in Windows – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Proficient in Outlook
- Language Skills such as Arabic, German or Russian would be of advantage
- Leadership skills
- Personal interaction skills
- Understanding of Cost Controlling
- Interviewing and hiring, disciplinary action, coaching, counselling
Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts are regarded as among the most luxurious and innovative in the world and have won numerous international travel and tourism awards. The company was founded in 1997 with the aim to become a hospitality industry leader through establishing a world class portfolio of luxury hotels and resorts. Building on this success, in 2004 Jumeirah Group became a member of Dubai Holding – a collection of leading Dubai-based businesses and projects – in line with a new phase of growth and development for the Group.
WARNING!!! Never send money online to employers or recruiters. The Employer should provide all the documents free of charge including visa. Real recruiting agencies get paid by the employer.