Resident Engineer (Pumping Stations)
The Resident Engineer will support the Program Director and Construction Manager and take accountability for design management and implementation with primary responsibility to the client for on- site delivery of time, cost and quality performance of a large scale pumping station construction project.
The Resident Engineer should have extensive knowledge and experience in project execution and implementation of water and wastewater projects, pumping station, tanks, pumps, pipelines, surge vessels, air compressors, control valves, safety relief valves, electromechanical equipment etc.
Key accountabilities for this position include but are not limited to:
• Guides the establishment and execution of the project management plan, communicates the plan to the team members.
• Oversees the implementation of the project objectives
• Responsible for management of the review process of the design proposals, work program, material submittals, method statements, shop drawings, payments, variation orders and claims etc.
• Drives a positive integrated, multi- disciplinary team culture in support of the project’s objectives
• Effectively manage the site supervision staff during construction & ensuring the works are being carried out according to the Contract Specifications.
• Ensure monitoring of the quality of materials and workmanships installed, operated and maintained.
• Maintain the Resident Engineer’s daily diary and daily diaries and reports by his subordinates.
• Supports the leadership in the management of costs and value to maximize the projects margin.
• Liaise with Client, Project Management and Contractor for resolution of project issues, proactively guiding the team to provide solutions to maintain progress of the Works,
• Provide strong leadership in managing the concerned Authorities when required to obtain the necessary approvals.
• Strong understanding of operation and control philosophies of pumping stations and associated facilities, capable of review & approval of Contractor submittals for hydraulic studies & calculations, pumps, pipework, control valves.
• Expertise in the testing, setting to work and commissioning of large Pumping Stations
• Supervise, review, monitor and report on construction progress challenging the contractors efficiency and resource levels to ensure timeline are met.
• Ensure the site safety practices are properly managed
• Prepare weekly and monthly progress reports to appropriate Stakeholders
• Familiarity with conditions of contract, quality assurance.
• Liaise with client, co- ordination with Governmental Organization and other Consultants/Contractors
• Consistently adheres to and enforces internal Company processes and policies such as business and contracting rules.
• Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication and negotiating skills.
• Works in a manner to ensure personal safety and that of fellow employees by following company health and safety guidelines and policies.
Resident Engineer (Pumping Stations)
Degree in Mechanical Engineering, from a recognized University.
15- 20 years of overall experience with a minimum of 10 years as Resident Engineer in construction of pumping stations, infrastructure works and water projects. Middle East experience is essential
The ability to manage a heavy workload, prioritising key tasks, with a close attention to detail.
Excellent computer skills.
The ability to work autonomously, reviewing work on a regular basis while consistently meeting objectives.
Strong team working capabilities. Committed to working with all levels of management on a daily and ongoing basis.
A proactive approach, working effectively in co- ordinating activities and complex tasks, taking professional responsibility in all matters.
Be of the highest calibre: punctual, attentive and competent in adhering to COMPANY’s policies, procedures and working practices.
A flexible approach to working hours and travel
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!
WARNING!!! Never send money online to employers or recruiters. The Employer should provide all the documents free of charge including visa. Real recruiting agencies get paid by the employer.