Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Our two clearly defined divisions, Barclays UK and Barclays International, provide diversification by business line, geography and customer, enhancing financial resilience and helping to contribute to the delivery of consistent returns through the business cycle. We have a strong core business with exciting prospects, well positioned to deliver long-term value for our shareholders.
Consistent with the objective of delivering long-term sustainable value for all our stakeholders, we have developed our Shared Growth Ambition – our approach to citizenship and the sustainability of the business model we operate. The aim is to make decisions and do business that provides our clients and customers, and the communities which we serve, with access to a prosperous future.
The delivery of our strategy is underpinned by the energy, commitment and passion of our people, and we are clear on our common purpose: to help people achieve their ambitions, in the right way.
Overall purpose of role
- Support the Head of Private Banking in acquiring, servicing and retaining clients and in the creation of enduring, deep and trusted relationships with our clients
- Provides exceptional service to the Banker’s clients and be a main point of contact for all day-to-day matters across products and services
- Complete the tasks related to all aspects of administration
- Support the team / business in the delivery of its targets and goals
Client servicing 60-70%
- Acts as the key point of contact for a portfolio of clients dealing with day-to-day administration across the range of services and products which includes payments processing, credit cases submissions, client on-boarding and client data maintenance.
- Responds in a timely and professional manner to client requests, owning task execution end to end, working pro-actively with Operations and various departments to ensure delivery, resolve issues and reduce/remove errors.
- Maintains the system record of client requests, situation, events, and reports
- Performs daily operations and transactions on clients’ accounts.
- Complies with all corporate policies, front office procedures, regulatory and internal/external audit requirements and managing risk and control
- Assists Private Bankers in ensuring adherence to regulatory and Wealth requirements
- Keeps Private Bankers completely informed of interactions with clients and share any insights gained through client servicing, routing clients to bankers when conversation moves toward giving advice or when a sales opportunity is identified
- Assists the Private Bankers in administration and management of client relationships including attending meetings (to observe/take notes), preparation of CRM notes, drafting of letters and other documentation, annual client reviews all overseen and signed-off by the Private Banker.
Sales support 30-40%
- Supports Private Bankers to develop sales pitches and identify target clients for particular products
- Supports the Private Banker in managing their client portfolio through analysing client book to for example: identify and re-home low value / low potential clients, identify clients with substantial cash balances, recognise specific client needs and the opportunity they present
- Organises and supports Bankers’ preparations for client success, for example, preparing a full client brief in advance of a meeting; researching a prospect; preparing relevant documentation etc
- Attends client meetings and events to establish strong and enduring working relationships
- Maintains an up to date working knowledge of the markets, economic position, BW research view and product set and is able to provide a view of these to the Private Banker
ØClient satisfaction / feedback
ØBanker/team/PBE Manager satisfaction (e.g. responsiveness and positive attitude)
ØAttendance at regular forums
ØAdherence to procedures and risk and control framework (judged via directly attributable complaints, risk events or sundry losses, overdue annual reviews / credit reviews / quality of case file preparation)
ØDemonstration of Barclays values (Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence, Stewardship)
Professional / technical experience
ØPrevious experience in a client facing role
ØGood knowledge of banking and operational procedures, plus lending and understanding of collateral requirements, understanding of markets and regulatory awareness
ØRole holder does not provide advice but can give factual information in client communications/interactions
ØWhere role holder prepares client letters and similar advisory documentation for a Private Banker, the Private Banker will always review and sign the documentation and take accountability.
ØStrong PC skills (Word, Excel, Power point)
ØGood understanding of the Bank’s products and services of the Barclays Group
ØGood investment, fiduciary and banking product knowledge
ØExcellent customer service skills & sensitivity to the needs and profile of high net worth clients
ØPositive and self motivated
ØExcellent ability to plan and organise work and set priorities, and to multi-task
ØGood interpersonal skills and adopts a team focus
ØGood influencing and negotiating skills
ØThe ability to make clear presentation of information both written and orally
ØEffective listening and communication skills
ØAbility to work under pressure with a heavyworkload
ØThe ability to solve problems using a rational approach with a strong ownership of problems
ØPossesses a technical and commercial approach to tasks.
ØPossesses the initiative to think things through and the prudence to refer
ØInterest in financial markets
ØFast learner, with experience of becoming familiar with new IT systems quickly and accurately
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Role Profile Attestation
The content of this role profile is relevant for the role in question.