As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. Our career opportunities span from our home base in the UAE out to the shores of Singapore and we are in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, working with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Toshiba. Our multicultural and multinational team gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
About The Role
This position will drive a fully integrated communications agenda to build, promote and protect Al-Futtaim reputation across the globe. The role will create, integrate and execute internal and external communications programs to support the business and provide strategic communications counsel in delivering consistency of communication. Tightly linked with Corporate Marketing, this key position will report directly to the GM Marketing.
- Accountable to establish and direct the formulation of Al-Futtaim Group Communication strategy, guidelines, and policies, in order to promote the Group’s brand, increase awareness, and enhance visibility and reputation, while also supporting the company’s directorates and corporate function’s activities.
- Accountable for the communications principles for all Group companies and creating sound business relationships to ensure that these are adhered to.
- As an active member of the Group Marketing team to ensure consistency of marketing campaigns and messages.
- Develop the Group’s internal communications strategy across channels (incl. but not limited to intranet, newsletter, groups forums and events)
- Ensure Group-wide initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees and stakeholders
- Drive content creation for a variety of internal communications mediums, such as intranet, monthly newsletter
- Ensure important organization wide communication and announcements to be sent by the senior management
- Act as a key strategic partner to all Functions (HR, EIT, Finance, Innovation Hub, Digital) to drive their agenda from a communications perspective
- Support Senior Leaders across the organization with their internal communications projects
- Develop the corporate’s external relations and PR strategy
- Actively involved in organizing external events and conferences for the corporate
- Manage the services provided by the approved PR agency and ensure that the right brief and instruction is provided to them for all Group communications
- Handle relationships with media and community for enquiries, Group announcements and press releases across print, broadcast and digital media
- Acting as a consultant to the Business Verticals and review and approve all the external communications to guaranty alignment with Group Messaging and Group Communications Policies
- Develop and implement a social media policy for the Group and continuously stay ahead of the curve. Share best practices and tools with the organization. Publish regular insights / KPI dashboards for the group
- Manage social media posts and AFG responses, in coordination with marketing communications, divisions, brands and IT as required
- Crisis communications management
- Foster strong working relations with key media stakeholders.
- Deliver clear and consistent messages via the media to further promote Al-Futtaim’s strategy.
- Identify and manage social interactions with Al-Futtaim influencer communities by surrounding them with a dynamic flow of new opinion, commentary and expertise.
- Act as the Spokesperson for the Group being responsible for creating and maintaining a positive public image.
- Monitor and facilitate press requests. Other role duties include writing press releases and conducting interviews with the media.
- Identify emerging issues and trends that could impact Al-Futtaim’s business objectives and mitigate the impact of negative news on the Group.
Planning and Evaluation
- Development of short, medium and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives. Regular interaction across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure business objectives are met. Setting and managing relevant SLAs and KPIs pertaining to communication, including core NPS measures
- Draft remarks, speeches and presentations for global leaders for internal and external events.
- Write briefings for global leaders in preparation for media events around the world.
- Develop, edit and manage the Group Global review project and other global publications.
- Lead a lean, skilled and fully engaged team; coach, develop and motivate the team to achieve set objectives and deliver maximum contribution
- Establish clear objectives, roles and accountabilities of the team.
- Promote and support your talent within the Marketing function
- Manage the activities of the staff according to overall marketing strategies and budgets.
- Bachelor’s Degree (MBA Preferred) with demonstrated experience in Corporate Communications
- 10 – 15 years’ work experience in a multinational environment
- Ideally an Arabic speaker
- Exceptional communication skills and project management experience
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly adaptable with meticulous attention to detail
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
WARNING!!! Never send money online to employers or recruiters. The Employer should provide all the documents free of charge including visa. Real recruiting agencies get paid by the employer.