Senior Analytics Product Manager
Role Holder (if currently filled):
Senior Manager, Corporate Development, Analytics Products
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Managing/Leading (if applicable):
Date of last revision
Majid Al Futtaim is building one of the largest analytics team in the region to support its digital transformation. The company has already progressed well on this agenda by launching multiple analytics use cases and now needs to turn proof of concepts into a powerful product portfolio.
Accordingly, we are looking for a highly skilled, dynamic and self-starter Senior Analytics Product Manager to become a member of our Analytics Product team to lay out the product vision, roadmap and lead its implementation with our Engineering, BI and Data Science teams as well as our Business partners.
The candidate will join a growing team that is spearheading the Data Analytics transformation across Majid Al Futtaim and the MENA region. He/she will be at the forefront of enhancing the digital value proposition, in line with the long term analytics and non-analytics objectives of Majid Al Futtaim.
The Analytics Product team is responsible for creating Data Products that will scale to Majid Al Futtaim and its partners’ increasing demand for business insights. We are building innovative bespoke Analytics solutions for internal and external audiences leveraging our unified data architecture to solve Business Use Cases across all Majid Al Futtaim portfolio companies. The successful candidate must be able to pro-actively engage with various stakeholders at every level of the organization and turn requirements into easy to use and innovative data products and features.
This position requires thought leadership, entrepreneurial/hands on approach and consulting across the different business units. You’ll be empowered to innovate, build and measure the effectiveness of Data Products and instill a data driven culture at Majid Al Futtaim.
Role Details – Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Gather input from a variety of internal and external sources to define product concepts; analyze competitors and market trends; evaluate technologies; develop detailed requirements, feature definitions, implementation plans, and internal communications;
- Work closely with the Analytics Product Lead and other leads to create the analytics product vision and strategy
- Review existing prototypes and plan future portfolio
- Define, prioritize and improve the metrics that make Majid Al Futtaim’s product offering and value proposition ahead of the curve
- Champion the needs of business teams and stakeholders throughout the development process, ensuring deliverables are aligned with the original goals and objectives of the project.
- Ensure that the budget allocated is spent towards the realization of these metrics
- Manage the full product lifecycle, working closely with engineers to drive new feature development from start to finish – define requirements, write user stories, solve problems, make decisions during development, and lead ongoing improvements.
- Participate in cross-functional teams during the entire lifecycle of product development, including deployment and post-deployment activities. Proactively identifying problems that arise in the project, outlining options, recommending solutions, and escalating as needed
- Responsible for communicating product solutions and benefits to customers and stakeholders; including knowledge transfer and training for on-going management of features
- Advise the business and provide suggestions for Analytics opportunities, based on detailed knowledge of existing data, business objectives and available technology
- Keep up-to-date with latest tech trends and remain at the forefront of an ever-advancing digital domain
- Interact with 3rd party product, business and technology counterparts; develop productive relationships to facilitate delivery from start to finish.
Definition of Success
- Passion for data and analytics, creating data based solution and driving a culture of data driven decision within a large organization
- Experience in delivering Data Products and strong understanding of how data products solve for analytical and operational use cases.
- Self-starter, self-driven person who can navigate through amorphous and highly agile environments; ability to work independently when required
- Experience working cross-functionally with development, design, and marketing teams
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads with a track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Verbal and written fluency in English is a pre-requisite; great listening skills with strong attention to details and empathy
- Great presentation skills – you will be sharing product strategy and roadmaps in front of large internal and external audiences
- Ability to deliver initiatives from conception through to completion
- Customer-centric approach with passion for building creative, new analytics products with the aim of optimizing the user experience and business operations
- A strong understanding of the analytics ecosystem and value chain from both a business and a technical standpoint.
- Tools needed: Jira, Tableau, Excel, Word and familiarity with SQL
Personal Characteristics and Required Background:
- Will be a proactive problem solver with immediate professional and intellectual credibility and an impactful style. Will be collaborative, low-ego, pragmatic, and excited about Majid Al Futtaim. Will live and breathe Majid Al Futtaim’s values.
- +8 years of experience in setting and developing roadmaps for digital products and delivering them across various customer touchpoints
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT-related field or Computer Science
WARNING!!! Never send money online to employers or recruiters. The Employer should provide all the documents free of charge including visa. Real recruiting agencies get paid by the employer.