No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
Job Title – Junior Data Scientist
Line Manager – Head of Data Science
Job Function – Data and Analytics
Location -Dubai, UAE
The purpose of the role is to develop and deploy cross-functional data science use cases at Al Futtaim Group (AFG). Reporting to the Head of Data Science, the Junior Data Scientist will leverage existing information assets for ROI maximization through executing forecasting, predictive and optimization analytics models. The role holder will support in developing a set of standards/protocols to ensure that the data science practice is scalable and future-proof
Work closely with the head of data science, head of analytics strategy and, potentially vendors, to identify analytics opportunities based on a deep understanding of AFG businesses and their information assets.
Support the delivery of use cases by proposing and delivering advanced analytic models, utilizing a blend of contemporary and traditional data mining techniques, applied to both structured and unstructured data sets.
This includes, conducting data quality assessments, sharing relevant insights with business stakeholders, creating model monitoring solutions and conducting QA on other data science models (built internally or through 3rd party vendors)
Implement models by transforming/optimising for performance code and deploying them into production
Support in coaching the analytics community on data science frameworks, best practices, and technologies.
Support in the development of analytics standards and protocols to ensure scalability and support self-service advanced analytics
Research and stay up to date on latest data science and analytics approaches and practices in the market ensuring that, when relevant, these are appropriately leveraged within Data and Analytics function
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or any other related quantitative field.
- 5+ years of working experience in data science, with at least 3 years as a data scientist
- Proven record of delivering business impact through analytics solutions
- Experience with probability and statistics inclusive of machine learning, optimization, forecasting and experimental design
- Deep understanding of the tools and models required for advanced analytics solutions
- Experience within automotive, retail, real-estate and/or finance industries is preferred
Job-Specific/Technical Skills required to complete the tasks:
- Highly proficient and experienced in scripting languages and have rapid prototyping skills, that is, fluency in SQL, Python, R, etc. among others.
- Experience on the Azure platform is desirable. Experience using visualisation tools is preferred including PowerBI and Tableau.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives.
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
WARNING!!! Never send money online to employers or recruiters. The Employer should provide all the documents free of charge including visa. Real recruiting agencies get paid by the employer.