Commercial & Sales Regional Counsel
An exciting and challenging new opportunity has arisen for a talented, experienced and forward- thinking lawyer to join our growing legal team. We are looking for a highly skilled lawyer with 5+ years PQE to join our META legal team. This role will be based in Dubai. Our ideal candidate brings private practice and in- house experience of supporting sales, advertising and marketing teams.
You will support the sales, advertising, marketing, user growth and creator relations functions in what is a key market for TikTok’s growth. This is a broad role serving a variety of stakeholders which provides an excellent opportunity to get close to the business in this market.
You will thrive in an environment that asks you to deliver at pace, juggle competing priorities, work to short turnaround times and bring your energy and enthusiasm to respond quickly to a business that is scaling fast. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow your career in a company that is enjoying hyper growth on a truly international scale.
1. As part of a team supporting regional sales teams you will draft and negotiate:
-media sales contracts with agencies and brands;
-media trading contracts;
2. As part of the team supporting marketing, you will draft and negotiate:
-creative agency agreements;
-talent agreements and image releases;
-media buying contracts;
-product placement agreements.
3. As part of the team supporting user growth, you will draft and negotiate a range of commercial contracts related to TikTok.
4. As part of the team supporting advertising, you will have an understanding for advertisement standards and compliance requirements across the META region.
5. As part of the team supporting our relations with TikTok content creators, you will advise on a variety of initiatives to support creators and content.
1. You will be qualified with 5+ years PQE. The ideal candidate will have:
-qualified into the commercial division of a leading private practice law firm;
-advised (in house on in private practice) on sales and advertising issues;
-significant experience in drafting and negotiating complex commercial contracts;
-an understanding of user generated content platforms and familiarity with the issues in this space.
2. Ability to navigate the complexities of multiple internal and external stakeholders including our senior leadership team, with strong written and verbal communication skills.
3. Proven ability to deal with ambiguity and work well in a fast- paced environment to meet deadlines within short time constraints whilst maintaining the utmost attention to detail.
4. Must have regional experience.
5. Excellent English essential, Arabic would be preferred but not mandatory