At least five years combined human resources, HR Investigations, labor relations or legal experience, and demonstrated passion for employee relations, labor relations, or labor/employment law with an emphasis on labor and employee relations work.
- Proficient in Arabic and English language is a strong preference
Master’s degree in Human Resources or related field required.
- Experience in conducting HR investigations
- Experience in building relationship and influencing large number of stakeholders
- Technically proficient in Microsoft Office Suite systems including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Willing to travel frequently
The central objective of Amazon’s Employee Relations team is to ensure fair and respectful treatment of employees, consistent with our core business values and objectives.
The ideal candidate for this position has strong communication and interpersonal skills, enabling them to work successfully on a broad spectrum of employee and labor relations issues and projects.
As ER Manager for Corporate/Consumer teams in the Middle East; the candidate should be open to frequent travelling to several Amazon locations / offices within the city as well as to other cities with Amazon offices.The ER Manager must be able to drive an objective and unbiased discussion and analysis of a situation; with a clear understanding of the local labor laws in each of the MENA Countries.
The Employee Relations Manager will work proactively to:
- Act as Primary POC for key (exec) escalations.
- Independently conduct investigations from intake to closure for Exec escalations
- Aggregate data across multiple internal and external sources including Exec escalations and Workplace Investigation Committee(WIC) to identify patterns, trends, and anticipate risks that effect employee relations
- Highlight and subsequently partner with respective HR Organization in devising plans to address the focus area
Create stronger awareness and learning for the HR team and the business owners on ER related matters.
- Periodically present data, analysis, insights, and recommendations to HR / business leaders to inform and influence action in support of employee engagement and organizational health for site, region, or business
- Train business and HR partners on investigation and escalation processes
- Act as Advisor for HRBPs wrt investigation process, final action recommendations inline with Amazon policies and Code of Conduct, consults with Legal Counsel as needed
- Liaison with Legal Counsel and provide necessary support for employee litigation
- 2+ years experience in conducting HR investigations
- Knowledge of ME labor laws (UAE, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Jordan and Egypt)
- Experience in dealing with labor authorities / courts in case of employee litigation
- Good understanding of MS Office tools (Outlook, Excel) and HR information systems (e.g. PeopleSoft) would be advantageous.
WARNING!!! Never send money online to employers or recruiters. The Employer should provide all the documents free of charge including visa. Real recruiting agencies get paid by the employer.