: United Arab Emirates-Dubai-Fairmont The Palm, Dubai
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, creating memorable experiences and ensuring that expectations of our guests and visitors are met is an integral part of our operations . As an IT Supervisor, you will provide IT support and direction to Hotel colleagues and Guests and assist in rolling out new systems, upgrades and solving technology related issues in a timely fashion.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Cluster Director,IT responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Firm knowledge and understanding of the following software packages: Micros Fidelio – Opera, Symphony 2, Microsoft Office Products, Windows Server 2012 and 2016, Windows 10
- Provide IT Support to Hotel staff and Guests
- Co-ordinate the rollout of any new software upgrades as they become available – these upgrades must be tested in a demo environment, users trained, and live systems upgraded with this latest release
- Telephone systems – software maintenance and Voicemail systems
- Review and develop computer systems, hardware, software, and any interfaces between systems
- Test new information technology system designs and fix design problems found
- Control the security aspects of IT Systems
- Assure that at all times the systems are kept secure from both internal and external clients. Keep anti-virus files updated
- Smooth running of all computer systems.
- Regular data safe /backup.
- Compliance with IT Policies and Guidelines
- Institute protocols for the use of IT across departments and projects
- Provide advice on the most suitable IT choices
- Provide technical support or training for systems and networks
- Act as link between end users and higher-level support
- Install and configure software and hardware (printers, network cards etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience is an asset
- 1-2 years’ experience working in IT
- Hotel or hospitality experience preferred
- Outstanding communication skills, both written & verbal
- A confident & dynamic speaker, able to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of an organization
- Enthusiastic and positive personality with the ability to build trusting relationships with others
- Proven organizational skills, works well on their own. Able to set and meet deadlines with quality results
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you’ll find exceptional work opportunities – throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific – as well as industry – leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award – winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
: Management / Supervisory
: Day Job
: 17.Jul.2020, 8:29:00 PM
WARNING!!! Never send money online to employers or recruiters. The Employer should provide all the documents free of charge including visa. Real recruiting agencies get paid by the employer.