This role is designed to lead Governmental Affairs work in Africa and Middle East and will report to the Director, Government & Corporate Affairs, Asia Pacific, Africa & Middle East.
The AME Government Affairs Manager will be an advocate for Caterpillar’s interests on a variety of issues before governmental entities. The position will represent Caterpillar, its subsidiaries, and dealers with business, industry, and trade groups in shaping and influencing public policy and addressing market access issues. This representative will have responsibility for monitoring, communicating and influencing government policy issues affecting Caterpillar enterprise and dealer interests in the whole of the AME region, which includes more than 20 countries.
WHAT WILL YOU DO IN THIS ROLE?
- Support individual business unit commercial and dealer teams by developing government and public engagement strategies to support priority Caterpillar enterprise opportunities.
- Create working relationships with respective business units to identify specific policy concerns and commercial opportunities as they relate to business objectives.
- Represent business unit/enterprise interests before policymakers and be lead advocate for same.
- Provide advice and counsel to senior management, including Vice-Presidents and Country Managers, on high priority issues within their issue portfolio.
- Represent Caterpillar’s interests in coalitions, associations, etc., leveraging same in support of company priorities.
- Work with dealers to identify problematic policy initiatives that may negatively impact the company
- Identify emerging legislative issues/policy trends which could affect corporate objectives.
- Develop long-term relationships and enlist the support of key governmental leaders and staff in pursuit of corporate objectives.
- Provide advice and counsel to the GGCA VP on related corporate event support, sponsorship opportunities, and executive involvement.
- You will be degree qualified in a relevant, relatable subject and bring significant experience in Government & Corporate Affairs. Ideally, ten to fifteen years of job-related experience would be desired.
- Individual must be able to sort through complex issues, and work with Governmental Affairs Director to develop strategy and tactics to accomplish policy objectives.
- Individual must be able to be a strong advocate for company positions on issues.
- The position requires in-depth knowledge of a related industry and organization to Caterpillar and familiarity with major issues affecting the business climate in AME.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required as well as an understanding of the political process.
- Working language is English. Fluency in French is highly desirable. Also, Arabic would be hugely beneficial.
- Management / supervisory experience is highly desirable. Although not a supervisory role now, we intend to grow and invest in our team across the AME region in the future.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
WARNING!!! Never send money online to employers or recruiters. The Employer should provide all the documents free of charge including visa. Real recruiting agencies get paid by the employer.