Purpose of the Job:
Ensure Express brokerage and customs clearance operations are running efficiently and effectively to achieve ultimate customer satisfaction and high service levels across countries assigned to. Ensure administrative processes are compliant with Aramex policies, procedures, governmental requirements and local regulations.
- Document and maintain a detailed Customs Clearance Guide for countries assigned to covering the following:
- Customs regulations, sanctions, fees and penalties.
- Documentation requirements, certificates, product labeling and markings, letters… etc.
- Gateway details and import/export requirements, permits, special approvals… etc.
- Customs clearance process details including high/low value, VAT legislations… etc.
- Design and maintain a detailed process map per country.
- Optimize customs clearance lead times to meet market and customers’ expectations.
- Work with inbound/outbound Express operations teams to enhance customs clearance speed and connection to local hubs/delivery depots.
- Set customs clearance KPIs and MOPs to optimize overall customs clearance journey and lead times.
- Lead technical integration projects with Customs and e-platforms.
- Work with local and global compliance team to ensure customs clearance process is in full compliance with local authorities and government management requirements that monitor trade activities.
- Work with Digital Team to develop customs clearance systems and tools and fine-tune localizations.
- Work with PEX Team to continuously review/analyze the clearance process and manpower requirements to optimize operations and have high levels of efficiency.
- Implement effective reporting mechanisms and metrics to ensure that no penalties or financial losses incur.
- Look after and build brokerage revenue management module that would generate reports periodically.
- Review market trends and align with competition and rate offerings
Job Requirements (Experience and Education):
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration/supply chain/engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrated experience in Express customs clearance and brokerage
- Versed with customs laws, standards, policies and procedures
- Customs certification(s) with minimal regional exposure and experience in customs industry is a plus
- Excellent communication, computer and analytical skills
Since our founding in 1982 we have grown to become a world leader in comprehensive transport and delivery solutions for business and consumers. Headquartered in Dubai, at the heart of the world’s most dynamic commercial hub and on the site of historic trade routes linking east and west, commerce and transport are deeply embedded in Aramex’s DNA. We are dedicated to transforming the face of trade, expanding our operations rapidly to better connect businesses and consumers worldwide.