The Student Life Manager focuses on the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes and services under the Student Life Division at the Dubai Campus to provide high-quality and holistic student support. The post-holder will line manage the Student Life team and lead the Dubai Student Services Centre, Student Records, Wellbeing, Careers and Graduate Futures, and Student Engagement areas. The post-holder will collaborate with the Student Life teams at the Edinburgh and Malaysia campuses to ensure consistency in practice and level of service across all campuses.
The Manager of Student Life has authority to deputise for the Head of Registry and Student Services.
This post reports to the Head of Registry and Student Services (Dubai Campus).
Key duties and responsibilities
1. Lead and manage the Student Life Division in Dubai, including the Dubai Student Service Centre, Student Records, Wellbeing, Careers and Graduates Futures, and Student Engagement.
2. Plan and manage the strategic development, implementation and evaluation of programmes and services under the Student Life Division to ensure the delivery of high-quality and efficient services as well as holistic student support.
3. Operate as a process owner for all student services related systems and processes, and lead modernisation and effectiveness developments to continuously enhance the student experience.
4. Bring together colleagues and external stakeholders to develop and enhance the student experience across student-life activities.
5. In collaboration with staff from the respective units under Student Life, develop and review the business processes relating to administration and operations.
6. Collaborate with the Student Life teams at the Edinburgh and Malaysia campuses to ensure consistency in practice and level of service across all campuses.
7. Provide advice and guidance to stakeholders on policies and services provided and/or led by the Student Life Division.
8. Ensure that Student Life services and policies align with University policies and procedures.
9. Ensure compliance with local regulations, policies, procedures, and rules applicable to student matters, processes and events.
10. Represent the Student Life Division on designated Campus-level and University-level committees.
11. Represent the Dubai Campus for global Student Life Division initiatives.
12. Manage the budget of the Student Life Division, prioritizing resources at a strategic level.
13. Supervise Student Life staff and assign appropriate workloads to ensure service objectives are met.
14. Conduct timely staff performance planning and reviews; identify needs and opportunities for staff development.
15. Lead the development and delivery of centralised and coordinated student communications.
16. Serve as the main point of contact for accommodation providers.
17. Lead the planning and coordination of orientation/induction and related activities, including enrolment and course registration.
18. Resolve student issues in a timely manner; escalate matters to the Head of Registry and Student Services as appropriate.
19. Respond to critical incidents involving students and ensure student welfare issues are dealt with according to the University Health and Safety policies. Keep the Head, Registry and Student Services informed of all actions taken and any issues or concerns regarding student incidents.
20. Deputise for the Head of Registry and Student Services.
21. Other duties as assigned to support the mandate and goals of the Registry and Academic Support Directorate, and the wider University.
Education, qualifications and experience
1. Educated to first degree level or equivalent, or equivalent practical experience in the workplace
2. Experience of working within a similar environment as outlined above
3. Ability to persuade, motivate and lead a team, including setting objectives and managing workload
4. Competent in the use of relevant IT packages
5. Demonstrable substantial professional expertise in own specialism
6. Well-developed understanding of relevant legal, statutory and governance applications and turning them into good practice
7. Excellent interpersonal, influencing and presentation skills, able to understand and communicate complex issues effectively
8. Demonstrable excellent customer service
9. Demonstrable ability to work quickly, flexibly and accurately in a dynamic, changing and pressured environment
10. Experience of working closely with stakeholders across all levels of the organisation
11. Ability to research, analyse and present complex information effectively with good attention to detail
12. High level planning and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise major developments and to function effectively in a pressured environment
13. Demonstrable professional and proactive approach
14. Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
1. Experience of working in Higher Education
2. Ability to manage budgets
3. Knowledge of local regulations and policies (eg, TECOM, KHDA, Dubai Government)
- Requirement to work at weekends or out of hours during peak periods
- Requirement to travel internationally (occasional)
How To ApplyApplications can be submitted up to midnight (UAE time) on Monday 6th July 2020.
At Heriot-Watt University we understand that being diverse makes us better which is why we support a culture of respect and equal opportunity, and value diversity at the heart of what we do. We want to increase the diversity of our workplace to underpin a dynamic and creative environment.
The appointment is conditional upon successful completion of all Labour and Immigration formalities, and the start date will need to be delayed if the employment visa is not in place.
WARNING!!! Never send money online to employers or recruiters. The Employer should provide all the documents free of charge including visa. Real recruiting agencies get paid by the employer.