A.P. Moller – Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer’s supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere – all over the world. For more information: https://www.maersk.com
As a Cold chain logistics development manager for Maersk in United Arab Emirates Area, you will be responsible for ensuring a high level of performance within your assigned sales field, with direct responsibility to grow and develop our cold chain solutions across United Arab Emirates, Oman and Qatar. You will be required to develop the capability of cold chain solution sales, setting strategies to help achieve our Area targets. You will be required to build sales pipeline for Cold chain and build new business relationships, preparing and executing plans to ensure we achieve the best results for both our business and our customers.
This is an exciting career opportunity to work in a multinational, Global 500 company that makes global trade happen. You will be interacting daily with colleagues internationally, giving you the opportunity to develop your professional skills in a global environment. We provide support for you to shape your own career by achieving expertise and learning on the job.
This role reports directly into Sales Channel Manager.
We offer you an exciting global career at the forefront of world trade. Working with the best people in a global team culture with future growth opportunities in an industry that has a significant impact on the world economy. We’re proud of our people who define our Company’s industry leadership, global team culture and customer-centric focus every day.
When you join our team, you join a truly diverse, global organization in a fast-moving, values-based, work environment where you can grow on the job, create and shape our digital solutions, tap into industry-leading talent development initiatives, enjoy working with your colleagues and broaden your world view through our international job postings.
- You will be developing and executing the United Arab Emirates Area cold chain strategy, leading an exponential growth path including building the needed products and infrastructure to succeed.
- You will work with internal and external stakeholders to achieve our goals and expand our footprint in the Area.
- You will be a key partner to the sales organisation defining the regional value proposition for our cold chain ambitions and support the team in winning cold chain business.
- You will be a key stakeholder in the Area P&L ensuring we optimise both income and cost
- You will be the cold chain subject matter expert in Sales, driving product awareness across relevant members of the team, assisting to build the Area pipeline, improve pipeline velocity and deliver on our Cold Chain Area targets.
We are looking for
- 10+ years successful cold chain logistics Sales experience, preferably in UAE or GCC.
- Proven track record in assessing market needs and building solutions for customers.
- Experience in exploring and establishing new or joint venture partnerships to service customer needs across cold warehousing and distribution.
- Experience in international supply chain, understanding how supply chain solutions may be leveraged to deliver strategic intent across all functions of a client’s business.
- Track record of identifying, pursuing and winning new business.
Technical and Personal Skills:
- Proximity to technology aspect and coldchain market assets.
- Communication, collaboration and problem solving skills.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently
- Entrepreneurial DNA
- Strong market knowledge of cold chain technology platforms.
WARNING!!! Never send money online to employers or recruiters. The Employer should provide all the documents free of charge including visa. Real recruiting agencies get paid by the employer.