Stantec Dubai is looking to hire a Safety Officer for a large-scale project providing municipal sewerage, TSE/Irrigation, and stormwater drainage connections to a large number of developed communities in Dubai.
Key Duties and Tasks:
- Ensure compliance by all parties with Company’s HSE requirements and regulations and all relevant legislation and statutory requirements, including rules and regulations (as amended from time to time)
- To manage in a manner that achieves quality installations meeting performance parameters set out in the Statement of requirements within the cost and schedule targets set by the company.
- To ensure that all actions, works and services undertaken by contractors, are in accordance with the respective agreement with the company.
- To ensure compliance with the company’s objectives, requirements, priorities, policies, procedures, standards, rules, regulations and guidelines provided by Company from time to time.
- Review and approve the HSE deliverables of the project.
- Monitor the construction activities and make sure that these are executed as per the HSE plan and procedures.
- Develop & execute a personal HSE intervention plan. Personal plan to include the activities that support visible HSE leadership such as, safety inspection tours in all areas, identifies potential hazards & recommended solutions, audits, personal interaction and participation in HSE meetings.
- Direct and support the identification of HSE hazards, evaluation of risks for all activities and develop the tools to manage and reduce these risks
- Participate in and/or review the various Formal Safety Assessments.
- Review HSE Plan, Procedure, Method Statement, Risk assessment & all Health, Safety & Environment related documentation to ensure compliance with established standards.
- Implement improvement & prohibition notice to contractors set up recommendation & corrective action with the close out date follow up the same
- Degree in Engineering, from a recognized University or an Engineering Diploma & NEBOSH Diploma
- International Certificate in Health, Safety and Environmental.
- Minimum 10 years of GCC and demonstrable experience in health, safety and environment, particularly in infrastructure/construction/sewerage field.
- Degree or Diploma in Occupational Safety or a related field.
- Official registration in OSHAD-ourdorat system.
Health & Safety
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec, we design with community in mind. Now uniting approximately 22,000 employees, working in over 400 locations and across six continents, we collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water and infrastructure projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a heritage in water, we continue to safeguard and sustain lives, communities, and businesses worldwide.
Our local knowledge and relationships, coupled with our global expertise, qualify us to go anywhere to solve our clients’ challenges in more creative and personalized ways. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, we have the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level while advancing the quality of life in communities around the globe.
We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. If connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.
To learn more about job opportunities and a career at Stantec, visit: http://www.stantec.com/careers.html
United Arab Emirates-Dubai
United Arab Emirates
WARNING!!! Never send money online to employers or recruiters. The Employer should provide all the documents free of charge including visa. Real recruiting agencies get paid by the employer.