ACCOUNTANT, PAYABLE (TEMPORARY ROLE) – CORPORATE BUSINESS UNIT
Majid Al Futtaim Properties
The Accountant, Payable is responsible for the timely processing and booking of daily accounts payable transactions and ensure correctness and accuracy as well as completeness of information recorded in the Accounting System.
He/she plays an integral role in verifying accounts payable transactions’ compliance with the company’s Policies and Procedures as well as DOA, and ensure that all transactions are in accordance with relevant LPO/Agreement and within applicable rates.
He/she is the main contact point for all internal and external stakeholders in connection to the routine and day-to-day activities related to area of responsibility.
Business Insights and Support:
- Effectively support and communicate with all the relevant internal stakeholders with regards to their inquiries, concerns, and clarifications.
- Effectively communicate with suppliers and vendors in relation to their requests, issues, or requirements and take the necessary action accordingly.
- Comply with the agreed Shared Services KPIs in order to maintain and provide best in class services.
Financial Control and Stewardship:
- Adhere to the company’s internal control system in all Accounts Payable processes and procedures.
- Check the advances account and identify issues before booking the invoice to the system.
- Ensure that the delivery confirmation for services/materials is obtained before processing any suppliers’ invoice.
Financial Reporting and Transaction processing
- Review all suppliers’ invoices, ensuring compliance with applicable policies and procedures, check if authorization is as per the DOA, and related supporting documents are correct and complete.
- Book all the creditors’ invoices through the system, ensuring adequacy of supporting documents, conformation of receiving materials/services in good manner, proper authorizations for payment, correctness and completeness of information recorded in the system, correctness and appropriate selection of the accounting treatment and coding, and proper selection of Cost Centers, and/or Balance Sheet accounts.
- Prepare and update utilities invoices list on monthly basis and provide it to the management for approval.
- Review and update the communication invoices list on monthly basis and provide it to the management for approval and ensure proper employees deductions as per applicable telephone policy.
- Ensure proper tracking of the supplier invoices and facilitate easy references.
- Review the invoice tracking sheet on monthly basis to identify any required accrual and report on the same.
- Communicate to and coordinate with the Fixed Assets team with regards to Fixed Assets related information including the asset category for all routine capital procurements and ensure proper selection.
- Follow the accounts payable monthly closing check list and ensure proper and timely accounts payables monthly closing process/procedures.
Minimum Requirements for the role:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Accounts Payable
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
For interested applicants, please mentioned in your application if you are currently on an employment visa or family sponsorship.
WARNING!!! Never send money online to employers or recruiters. The Employer should provide all the documents free of charge including visa. Real recruiting agencies get paid by the employer.