As a Territory Sales Manager for our Electric Power Division (EPD) you will consult with dealers to market Caterpillar products and services and assist in the development of dealer sales capability.
This role would be great for a commercially focused sales professional from power generation, machinery or similar electro-mechanical or oilfield markets.
We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate strong commercial experience, those who understand business and have a strong knowledge of sales processes.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- The key responsibility is delivering the Business Plan for the allocated territory in terms of revenue, unit sales and marketing variance spend, whilst supporting long term dealer profitability and growth in the allocated territory.
- Develop an expertise in Caterpillar EPD Retail products. You will be a sales liaison among dealers, customers and other Caterpillar personnel, particularly in regional and area offices. Position performs complex analysis work. Challenges include developing and meeting expectations in delivering results, identifying and recommending alternative courses of actions, making timely decisions and developing greater communication skills. Direct work with other Caterpillar units, customers, and possibly suppliers require incumbent to demonstrate skill in negotiation, building consensus and achieving compromise.
- Counseling dealers in developing increased human performance capability; providing guidance on existing and potential customer service issues and improvement measures within one industry; assisting dealers on forecast, strategy planning and sales techniques; supporting rollout of new products (e.g., products, finance packages, other service products); analyzing and communicating marketplace and competitive activity to Caterpillar personnel and dealers; analyzing product application, configuration and utilization that provide the best solution for a customer; assisting dealers with business planning within the allocated territory; creating and promoting programs that increase sales while maximizing price realization; and continuing to develop required proficiency level in the specified foundation competencies and skills.
- Remain current on customer/dealer market and needs and understand how and why decisions are made within their work group and organization. You will be responsible for applying those decisions to support and develop product sales, dealer effectiveness, overall segment growth, process improvement, sales management process improvement, etc. Your knowledge of products, technology, industry, etc., in support of Caterpillar, dealer and customer expectations and needs and will contribute to strategic planning.
- Direct your development and continual learning through experience and staying abreast of technology changes. Key learning comes from continued experience in the assigned territory, enhancing communication and people relationship skills, improving problem solving and analysis ability, building and using business skills, enhancing use of Caterpillar systems and developing leadership abilities. You must stay abreast of industry and technology changes and relate those changes to Caterpillar, dealer and customer needs.
NB. The interviewers and managers cannot make assumptions when shortlisting therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the criteria outlined.
- A degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline with extensive job related experience
Candidates with lesser or no qualifications must have significantly more job related experience
- 5+ years experience in relatable roles
Job Related experience may include:
- Commercial sales / sales management / consulting
- Electrical / mechanical markets or petroleum/oil field sales experience
- Ability to influence others in a work group, dealer personnel and customers
- Experience to work independently and on larger scale, more complex assignments.
The successful candidate must be willing to travel extensively (50-70%) as well as relocate based upon business needs.
- Power generation or similar, although other commercial backgrounds will be considered
- Knowledge of Caterpillar products, policies, and procedures
- Commercial, sales or marketing experience.
WARNING!!! Never send money online to employers or recruiters. The Employer should provide all the documents free of charge including visa. Real recruiting agencies get paid by the employer.