Supply Chain Operations (SCO) organisation with its 700 co-workers connects our customers with IKEA products in a simple, affordable and sustainable way. We deliver excellent transport and logistic solutions today, tomorrow and over time by optimising replenishment solutions, defining physical goods flow capacity needs, managing the goods flow, sourcing & developing transport & logistics capacities and leading & securing Supply Quality.
We contribute to customer satisfaction through securing customer perceived availability, delivering lowest cost over time, leading towards sustainability and ensuring the right quality for all services.
Your tasks will include:
- To create, schedule and book shipments;
- To monitor & follow up the proper execution of the transportations under his/her responsibility;
- To update and ensure correct information in the system in keeping with governing working methods;
- To secure proper visibility and information to all stakeholders, communicating with a proactive approach
- To work in close cooperation with others in the Supply Chain (Carriers, Stores, DC, Suppliers) to solve operational issues & optimize the transport booking and execution process;
- To propose improvement potentials in the execution process, with positive effects on performances;
- To investigate and resolve shipment claims with regard to extra costs, securing also the documentation for each case
Your knowledge, skills and experience include:·
- At least 4 years’ experience in the Transport/Logistic field;
- Preferred university background in the Logistic field;
- English fluent;
- Very good knowledge of applicable business conditions and processes within Distribution or Transport;
- Analytical and result oriented;
- Strong communication skills;
- Team player;
- Capability to deal with multiple tasks under time pressure;
- Ability to act pro-actively and be able to find new solutions;
- Computer skills and proficient in Microsoft office applications
- Ability to see IKEA as a whole and keep the focus on the IKEA customer;
WARNING!!! Never send money online to employers or recruiters. The Employer should provide all the documents free of charge including visa. Real recruiting agencies get paid by the employer.