Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company – the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Deliveroo Editions are our solution to ensure that our customers have access to the best of the food scene no matter where they live. We operate these bespoke, delivery only, kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants across the globe, and have big plans for more of the same. As the Operations Associate, you will be working with the Site Manager & Assistant Manager and taking responsibility for the whole site when on shift. From maintaining the kitchens, to ensuring the smooth running of all the delivery operations working alongside our Restaurant Partners to improve their day to day business. As well as behind the scenes functions, we will also need you to be comfortable in a guest-facing context as we operate some dine-in areas within our Editions sites and being comfortable in a Front Of House environment, with a smile on your face and a willingness to help, is absolutely crucial.
Working with a wider team you will be tasked with improving kitchen efficiencies overall, from prep time and service time to Food Safety & Hygiene standards, you will have a huge influence on maximizing the profitability of the restaurant brands through using your expert knowledge to suggest labor control and stock control, amongst other innovative suggestions.
You will be working alongside the Site Manager & Assistant Manager, whilst working closely with up to 10 Head Chefs and their kitchen staff.
- Managing the day-to-day running of a Deliveroo Editions site; meeting health & safety standards, managing stock deliveries, site cleanliness etc
- Improving our restaurant partners kitchen operational efficiency
- Improving site efficiency and reducing site operational costs
- Liaising with our restaurant account management and rider operations teams to improve our overall site performance
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a fast paced hospitality environment, whether this be contract catering, operations, events or restaurants.
- Deliveroo is a weekend and late night company in the hospitality industry, it is essential for you to work shift work, including week nights and weekends. Typically 2 out of 3 weekend nights you will be required on shift and Sunday evenings are our busiest time of the week.
- Physically demanding, you must ensure all deliveries are ready for pick-up by our riders, coordinate with multiple kitchens, audit Restaurant Partner kitchens weekly, it’s non-stop.
- Comfortable in a guest-facing context, we operate several dine-in areas within our Editions sites so being comfortable in a Front Of House environment, with a smile on your face and a willingness to help, is absolutely crucial.
- Can do, never give up attitude and the desire to grow and succeed with one of the worlds fastest growing food-tech companies.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written composing emails and executing information correctly.
Life at Deliveroo:
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them. There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving – and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity:
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success. We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.
WARNING!!! Never send money online to employers or recruiters. The Employer should provide all the documents free of charge including visa. Real recruiting agencies get paid by the employer.