You have the opportunity to join Total Solar to take up the challenge of solar energy within the Total group and to contribute to our objective of becoming leader in responsible energy produced, distributed and consumed on a global scale. We are looking for talented, committed people to join our human and collective endeavor in which the corporate culture and each person’s experience and creativity come together to make our group successful and build a responsible energy future.
In an industry that is reshaping the world’s energy future, there’s no better place to be than Total Solar!
The business model involves developing, constructing, financing and operating solar systems on the roofs of multi-national corporations and national leaders. The customers pay for the power over 25 years while Total Solar handles all investment, construction and operation.
Total Solar is looking to hire a full-time employee to manage operations and maintenance of its Commercial & Industrial projects of the affiliate in Dubai. This is an entry to mid-position which will report to the affiliate Operation Director. As the affiliate grows in size, the O&M Manager responsibility will entail organizing a solid methodology and organization to conduct the activities below on a large portfolio of projects in a safe, industrialized and customer-focused manner.
The O&M Manager will have the following responsibilities, in support to business development:
- Directs and manage multiple projects. Takes responsibility for project controlling. Manages the operation of projects in a safe, reliable and efficient manner.
- Day to Day online monitoring, recording, identifying incidents that interrupt power generation or general project functionality. Keep records included but not limited with call outs, spare parts and in general all day to day activities.
- Takes responsibility for Delivery of O&M services according to the EPC / O&M contracts.
- Manages external parties like, public authorities, grid operator and others.
- Manages customer service, relationships and contacts.
- Manages subcontractors’ relationships and contacts
- Collaborates with team director, design and construction team to ensure operations will meet all obligations/ performance guarantees and company standards.
- Management of projects handover between EPC and O&M.
- Monthly reports to customers and to company
- Manage monthly invoicing and revenues from customers
The position will be based in Dubai and the scope of activities will extend to United Arab Emirates and neighboring countries.
- Min. 2/3 years of O&M management experience on rooftop solar projects.
- Graduate from a premier university with a degree in engineering. Graduate degree and/or related professional qualifications considered a plus.
- Experience with maintaining minimum functional specification, commissioning checklists, and standard operating practices for rooftop solar projects.
- Understanding of utility interconnections, metering requirements and data systems.
- Working experience of the UAE context in electrical norms, renewable energy regulations, construction codes, is appreciated.
- Experience with O&M contract management and in supervising, assigning and addressing complaints.
- Knowledge of project management, engineering and solar specific software such MS Office, PVSyst, Meteonorm, SolarGIS, etc.
Experience level required
About us / company profile
Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by 100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.
WARNING!!! Never send money online to employers or recruiters. The Employer should provide all the documents free of charge including visa. Real recruiting agencies get paid by the employer.