You have the opportunity to join Total Solar to take up the challenge of solar energy within the Total group and to contribute to our objective of becoming leader in responsible energy produced, distributed and consumed on a global scale. We are looking for talented, committed people to join our human and collective endeavor in which the corporate culture and each person’s experience and creativity come together to make our group successful and build a responsible energy future.
In an industry that is reshaping the world’s energy future, there’s no better place to be than Total Solar!
The business model involves developing, constructing, financing and operating solar systems on the roofs of multi-national corporations and national leaders. The customers pay for the power over 25 years while Total Solar handles all investment, construction and operation.
Total Solar is looking to hire a full-time employee to manage technical operations of its Commercial & Industrial affiliate in Oman. This is a mid-senior position which will report to the affiliate Operation Director. As the affiliate grows in size, the Development and Project Manager responsibility will entail building a solid team to conduct the activities below on a large portfolio of projects in a safe, industrialized and customer-focused manner.
The Development and Project Manager will have the following responsibilities, in support to business development:
- In prospection phase, assess site technical constraints and consumption, and evaluate feasibility stage project configurations, characteristics and risks.
- In offer preparation phase, fully understand customer’s needs, perform technical due diligence of the site, and optimize the commercial offer through PV system performance, technical solution costs, robustness and quality. This may entail relying on external engineering resources.
- Prepare and follow-up local approvals and regulatory obligations.
- Support preparation of dossiers to be submitted to internal investment committees.
- Liaise with HQ technical services for technical specifications use and continuous improvement (dotted line functional link to the I&C Project Manager in HQ), and with remote engineering support when applicable.
- Select and on-board suppliers including EPCs and engineering consultants, in full respect of HSE, Quality and compliance guidelines and specifications. Engage in commercial negotiations and maintain relationships, to ensure equipment and contractors are optimally and sustainably procured.
- Manage projects construction contractors with focus on safety, quality, budget and planning.
- Insure projects reporting, KPIs and maintain a good relationship for and in between all projects stakeholders (including Client, Contractors, Authorities)
- Insure proper reporting management within the affiliate and
- Supervise commissioning and testing of the plant, then manage operation and maintenance, in line with set contractual objectives.
The position will be based in Oman, Muscat and the scope of activities may extend to neighboring countries.
Context and environment
- Min. 5 to 7 years of project management experience on solar projects.
- Graduate from a premier university with a degree in engineering. Graduate degree and/or related professional qualifications considered a plus.
- Experience with maintaining minimum functional specification, commissioning checklists, and standard operating practices for solar projects.
- Working experience with the Oman context in electrical norms, renewable energy regulations, construction codes, is appreciated.
- Knowledge of project management, engineering and solar specific software such MS Project, AutoCAD, PVSyst, Meteonorm, SolarGIS, Helioscope, Sketchup, etc. is appreciated.
Experience level required
About us / company profile
WARNING!!! Never send money online to employers or recruiters. The Employer should provide all the documents free of charge including visa. Real recruiting agencies get paid by the employer.