The person will be responsible for effectively maintaining our inventory control and point-of-sale system, monitoring procurement and logistics to ensure orders are received from suppliers in a timely manner, tracking sales to ensure adequate stock is on hand to support the operation, and reconciling cash deposits and credit card receipts against sales. This person will communicate daily with internal and external stakeholders including our Cabin Crew, suppliers, and Finance team. Applicants should have strong analytical skills, and be prepared to work non-standard hours as required.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Conduct detailed analysis on in-flight sales revenue data and market information.
- Manage wastage and shrinkage of inflight retail inventory items.
- Perform financial and stock reconciliation of each day’s flights.
- Protect the business from revenue loss through fraud.
- Maintenance of inventory, stock release, and reconciliation in flydubai Staff Shop.
- Manage financial and fulfillment activities related to group bookings, charter flights, staff salary deductions, cabin crew float reimbursement and inter-departmental requisitions.
- Proactively identify process and system improvements, working with internal stakeholders and external vendors to develop, test and implement changes with the objective of increased efficiency and productivity.
- Provide weekly analysis and reporting of sales, revenue, wastage, and profitability to senior management.
- Complete inventory management of product related to Inflight Retail and flydubai Staff Shop. This includes maintaining, ordering as well as auditing of inventory levels at bond, float as well as stock in transit.
- Responsible for 24/7 catering hotline, act as the single point of contact for catering and inflight retail decisions after normal office hours.
- Provide support to all internal customers of Inflight Product and engage in Continuous Improvement strategies to ensure best practices in all endeavours of the department.
- Coordinate logistics and shipping for Inflight Retail department, negotiating with external parties including suppliers, forwarders and customs authorities to ensure successful and cost effective receipt of goods.
- Analyse data and produce regular reports for the Inflight Product management team.
- Ensure purchasing process for Inflight Retail supports the operation, with adequate stock on hand at all times.
- Optimise inventory levels, reducing stock aging.
- Action and respond to crew and customer inquiries in a timely and accurate manner.
- Increase Cabin Crew product knowledge and sales skills.
- Ensure financial reconciliation of all flights is completed to support the requirements of Finance department.
- Minimise inventory shrinkage.
- flydubai Staff Shop orders are fulfilled in a timely manner.
Specific Responsibilities of The Job
- Analyse sales and wastages of each flight and adjust sales penetration accordingly to the system in order to promote cost efficiencies.
- Receive and verify cash envelopes and cash bags deposited by cabin crew.
- Investigate and analyse cash and credit card transactions sales made onboard, and communicates discreet information to In-flight Flight Services.
- Monitor and analyse trends related to the potential fraudulent use of credit cards or theft onboard. Works with security department to protect the business against such threats and recover losses when identified.
- Responsible for loading customers and new products in flydubai Staff Shop.
- Develop an annual program for sales promotions in the flydubai Staff Shop, with the objectives of minimising aging inventory, generating additional revenue for they business, and offering flydubai staff attractive offers.
- Administer Smartsheet system to track and reconcile internal requisitions, group bookings, staff salary deductions, cabin crew float reimbursement, and charter flight passenger numbers.
- Reconcile and verify invoices for support services such as cash processing.
- Daily review of cabin crew reports submitted through EFOS. Through investigation and analysis root cause and corrective action should be ascertained where appropriate, process improvement implemented as required. Reports should be responded to in a timely fashion and closed when complete.
- Verification of cash and credit card collections for each flight, and reconciliation of flights taking into account collections, sales, and reported closing stock.
- Investigate any discrepancies to identify cause. Where discrepancy results from crew or bond data entry error barset to be manually balanced. Where genuine cash or stock discrepancy exists further investigation is required.
- Maintain stocks within nominated hosting systems – proprietary and in-house – and liaise with flydubai-engaged suppliers.
- Generating sales reports on a monthly basis for each supplier.
- Represent the Inflight Product department on Project Teams as required by the business.
Education & Experience
- Formal qualification (Degree or diploma) in Business Administration, Marketing or Accounting.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in administration, with at least 2 year in analyst role.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a customer-facing role.
- Travel Retail experience is advantageous.
- Broad knowledge and experience in an airline environment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with external parties.
- Demonstrated ability to work in small to medium sized project teams to deliver outcomes.
- High level of computer literacy; particularly in respect of analytical tools.
- Microsoft Excel – Advanced level.
- General knowledge of procurement and logistics processes.
WARNING!!! NEVER PAY TO GET A JOB!!! Never send money online to employers or recruiters. The Employer should provide all the documents free of charge including visa. Real recruiting agencies get paid by the employer.